WHAT'S GOING ON THIS MONTH
  • This Month's Live Streaming Guitar Lessons: TUESDAY MAY 21ST - FINGERSTYLE GUITAR WITH JOE ROBINSON. Winner of Australia's Got Talent, Joe Robinson, is one of the Fingerstyle guitars great young players. Premier Guitar says... “Once in a great while a young guitarist captures the attention of music lovers early in his career and manages to sustain this interest as he matures creatively and sheds the 'prodigy' label. Joe Robinson is one of those rare talents.” Joe will be talking about his new project and playing some great tunes. TUESDAY MAY 28TH - PLAYING BY EAR - HEARING CHORD CHANGES. One of the most important guitar skills is to hear chord changes and be able to play them by ear. With a little bit of training you can listen to songs and understand what chords are being played. Watch LIVE on our Guitar Gathering YouTube Channel. It's going to be a great month! Learn all you can!
Sign in to follow this  
matonanjin

Newly Discovered Guitar Music to Share

So you found some new guitar music you really enjoy?  Share it with us here.  And when I say "new" I don't mean newly released.  I mean newly discovered.  New to you!  Found a deep cut from a 1972 Jeff Beck album that you hadn't heard before and you really like it?  Share it here.  If it's new to you it very likely will be new to a lot of us.  Just please keep it something we most likely haven't heard.  No chart toppers.

There will be few restrictions here, beyond the usual ones:  Keep it family friendly.  Don't try and sneak in something political.  And, of course, it must be guitar centric.

It matters not what genre it is,  blues, country, jazz?  And it doesn't matter what type of guitar, electric or acoustic?  And it can be a new artist we should be on the watch for.  Or it can be, like my example above, a cut that we most likely haven't heard from an artist we all know.

Just share here something you think we would enjoy.  Maybe include a few lines about how you discovered it and/or what you find interesting/enjoyable about it.

My thread so I guess I should start.  I've been a Robin Trower fan since Procol Harum and Too Rolling Stoned.  I have always felt that after James Dewar, who was bassist and vocalist in Trower's power trio, passed away the band just wasn't the same.

Robin Trower just released his newest album, Coming Closer To The Day.  On the new album Trower performs all the instruments except drums.  He also does the vocals and it is passable.  This is "I Want To Take You With Me".  It has some fairly some classic Robin Trower Strat work.

I hope you enjoy it.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Excellent find! He has a  great tone on his strat and a voice to match in my opinion. I am a fan also. Thanks for sharing. 

Greg

Edited by gotto

If you are looking for some blues to listen to, Matt Schofield is AMAZING.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/15/2019 at 4:28 PM, Old Guy said:

If you are looking for some blues to listen to, Matt Schofield is AMAZING.

@Old Guy, I am going to have to check him out.   I had never heard of him but a couple guys on another forum were raving about him.  And Truefire just brought him onboard just releasing a new course, Blues Speak.  They just released it within the last couple weeks.  Of course, just because he is a great player doesn't mean he can teach.  But I will be interested in looking at it.  And definitely I'm going to listen to him.

Thanks for the recommendation.

• Like 1