Jump to content

TO STEVE K. - Request for level 2 speed and agility program


Recommended Posts

Hello Steve,

 

I would like to request if you could do a level 2 program for the speed and agility exercises. It is one of the most helpful things for my playing, and I feel many will benefit off it as well.

I start every practice day off with it as part of my routine! Maybe we can start a suggestion thread for the next one ? I realize it's a big time investment, but if you ever have one down the pipeline...I will DEFINITELY be on it! 

Blessings,


Dan

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, you can play can play the 16th notes at 120 beats per minute in the third video and you want more! ? I am impressed. ?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Nutty1 said:

Wow, you can play can play the 16th notes at 120 beats per minute in the third video and you want more! ? I am impressed. ?

My fingers and brain are stuck at 86bpm 16th notes

But I wish Steve would make a Blues one

Edited by Eracer_Team-DougH
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/9/2018 at 10:00 PM, Nutty1 said:

Wow, you can play can play the 16th notes at 120 beats per minute in the third video and you want more! ? I am impressed. ?

Thanks for your kind words! 

 

On 7/9/2018 at 10:40 PM, Eracer_Team-DougH said:

My fingers and brain are stuck at 86bpm 16th notes

But I wish Steve would make a Blues one

Start slow and clean, build up speed as you go.... regularity is key! :) I also found using a very thick pick has aided me significantly in reducing tension in my right hand, which means more SPEED :) ! I used a V-Pick dimension jr...these picks are 4mm, but any REALLY thick pick should be fine for this purpose! also pay attention to pick angle and keep it consistent.  even if you don't like the tone or feel of these picks...I found it as a great practice aid but go back to other picks for regular playing, and have found the looseness of my right hand transfer over to other plectrums! good luck and blessings your way brother!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/8/2018 at 7:48 PM, DANIELGUITAR88 said:

Hello Steve,

 

I would like to request if you could do a level 2 program for the speed and agility exercises. It is one of the most helpful things for my playing, and I feel many will benefit off it as well.

I start every practice day off with it as part of my routine! Maybe we can start a suggestion thread for the next one ? I realize it's a big time investment, but if you ever have one down the pipeline...I will DEFINITELY be on it! 

Blessings,


Dan

Dan,

Ha!  I'll put that on my list of things to get to.

I'm so glad it's been helpful for you.

Keep it up.  It's a great way to keep your fingers fresh and ready to create. - Steve

Link to post
Share on other sites

@DANIELGUITAR88Man... if you can play 16th notes @ 120bpm actually  picking the strings you are WAY faster than most accomplished players! Most would be playing a combination of picked notes, hammer-on's and pull off's to get anywhere past that speed as in Level 3 of the SA course. (I've been playing a while and struggle at that speed)

Edited by NeilES335
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Chatbox

    You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More

About us

Guitar Gathering is a community of guitar lovers of all types and skill levels.  This is a place of learning, support and encouragement.  We are unapologetically positive.

If you've come here to gripe, demean others or talk politics then this isn't the place for you.

But if you've come to talk guitars, ask questions and learn from professionals and guitar learners from all over the world then come on in!

Get in touch

Follow us

facebook feed

Recent tweets

×
×
  • Create New...