Should Learn & Master Guitar Get Added to something like Udemy?

• Member ID:  3,230
  • Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  0
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  2

Hey everyone! 

Just to preface, I absolutely LOOOOOVVVVVEEEEE Learn & Master Guitar and Steve Krenz. 

Just a few nights ago I was researching some different courses that people recommend and Learn & Master Guitar was the lowest on the list. And it gave a few reasons for that. Specifically, that it was low resolution (which can't be helped since it was made so long ago), and it used DVDs and CD's which most people don't use DVDs any longer and I don't even have a computer that I can use to rip the songs to my computer so I can put them on my phone. I had to purchase a cd player that connects to my computer. 

So, if Steve were able to put this on Udemy I think it might bring new life to Learn & Master Guitar and I think it could be a huge benefit. (And of course Learn & Master would get extra money).

It just makes me really sad to think that there may be some point when Learn & Master Guitar isn't in people's lives.

This has made a huge impact on my life so hopefully it can continue to do so in a more modern way.

What do you guys think?

And of course, what do you think @Steve?

• Member ID:  9
  • Group:  Moderators
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  813
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Achievement Points:  1
  • Days Won:  209
  • Birthday:  01/01/1953
  • Device:  Macintosh

Obviously I can not speak for Steve, but I can share some insights gleaned from my from ten years here. The Learn and Master course was a “work for hire” by Steve. He does not own the rights to the content; they belong to Legacy Learning Systems. It would be up to them to migrate the content to another platform, and nothing suggests to me they have plans to do so. This idea has come up many times before. I think Steve recognizes that now there are many online avenues for learning guitar, and rather than compete directly, he occupies a different niche. He teaches in academic settings (and is doing so as I write this), conducts his YouTube Live Lessons, hosts two annual guitar conferences, and performs professionally in multiple capacities. He has produced specialty courses for fingerstyle and blues that are available in the store. Anyone who wants to learn to play guitar will find a way. The cost of the L&M physical media, along with a DVD player, is trivial when compared to a few hours of private lessons from a comparable professional.

• Member ID:  6
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,053
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  144
  • Birthday:  12/14/1960
  • Device:  iPhone

@Enoch11223344 

The streaming thing has been brought up many times, even when Steve and Legacy were together. 

pretty much spot on what @DianeB said.

Legacy did put up the original first disks on a guitar lesson site, but that learning site has now gone away too. It was based on popularity of instructors. 

I do believe Steve wrote a killer package,  and would probably do well on Truefire. 

But there's probably some sort of rights issues for that (guessing only don't know)

I don't have issue's with physical media,  but certainly wish this forum had activity of the "glory days" of LMG forum. Which would only come from a new GG guitar series. 

(And I'm still not good enough for Steve's master Blue )

• Thanks 1

• Member ID:  3,230
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  2

Well darn. 

Thanks for both of your responses!

And Diane, I agree that the cost is worth it, but that's because I know how good the material is. Not everyone else does. 

Well, that's too bad that Legacy won't put it on a service where they can make more money...

That's disappointing.