WELCOME NEW MEMBERS! - Tell Us About Yourself, Receive Encouragement and Advice!

NeilES335

• Member ID:  6
  • Group:  Members
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,056
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Achievement Points:  0
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  150
  • Birthday:  12/14/1960
  • Device:  iPhone

@camper star spoken lyrics never hurt Bob Dylan

you have a broad selection of gear, which should give you choices to work with

might be tough for you to watch/chat in Steve’s Tuesday night Live Lessons but not impossible as we have seen some from Australia online, but Steve’s live lessons are always available on rewind 

• Member ID:  3,420
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  06/28/1953
  • Device:  Windows

On 9/12/2023 at 1:39 AM, Eracer_Team-DougH said:

@camper star spoken lyrics never hurt Bob Dylan

you have a broad selection of gear, which should give you choices to work with

might be tough for you to watch/chat in Steve’s Tuesday night Live Lessons but not impossible as we have seen some from Australia online, but Steve’s live lessons are always available on rewind 

Actually it will be 10 am Wednesday morning Tokyo time. Good timing really for me. I've watched his live chats in the past and he is truly a man with a kind heart. I enjoy his live streams very much.

Thank you.

• Member ID:  3,420
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  6
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  06/28/1953

On 9/12/2023 at 12:23 AM, matonanjin said:

@camper star, welcome to you and good luck to you in your guitar learning journey.  You have access here to the best guitar teacher on the planet in Steve Krenz and he is always willing to answer any question you may have.  You also have a very friendly, knowledgeable group of forum members always willing to help.  Don't hesitate to exploit both these resources.

I have been to Quad Cities many time in my professional career.  What has always been interesting to me is it seems no one in the Quad Cities can explain why it is called that when there are actually more than four cities!😏😉.  Shouldn't it be septi Cities if one includes Bettendorf, Silvis and Hampton?  

And @camper star all future responses will be from members far more helpful and informative than me and silliness like this😆

Thank you maton for the welcome. I left East Moline in 72 to join the AirForce. The few times I've returned, much has changed. Do you remember Sam's Bowling Alley, the Wells Fargo Lounge? If so, the Japanese girl that worked there was my wife. 

• 1 month later...

• Member ID:  3,190
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/24/1965

Hello, My name if Jeff Dumas. I have played guitar for many years, but, have mostly been a mediocre camp-fire guitarist and have always been sorta self-conscious about playing in front of others. I guess I sorta' have a "I'm not worthy" kind of thing about my playing. I'm an old guy now, but, I've recently decided to actually learn how to play so I'm not embarrassed to play in front of people. I'm going to try to work up some songs and maybe even a set. I used to play in a band and always had other musicians around so I "got away" with a lot of just playing along with others. I'm hoping to become an active participant here and make some friends. I live a pretty quiet life here in Hot Springs Village, AR.

• Like 2