• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  0
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  1

I was wondering if anybody had any cool EQ settings they could share with me, I don't have too many setting options on my amp, with gain,treble,bass,and volume.But I would still love to hear your setting for jazz,rock,and blues.

• Like 1

• Member ID:  243
  • Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  541
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  64
  • Device:  Windows

@RubberSoul I don't know what kind of amp you are using. I keep my volume around 3. Gain will make it louder so I set it low for most things unless I want a hard rock sound. I usually have all my Bass, Middle, Treble fairly flat just straight down the middle. You can always experiment by setting them neutral then listening to the difference. You can also turn the down the tone knob on your guitar.  

Find your own sound.

• Member ID:  275
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  11
  • Birthday:  07/17/1979
  • Device:  Macintosh

On 8/16/2018 at 6:03 PM, RubberSoul said:

I was wondering if anybody had any cool EQ settings they could share with me, I don't have too many setting options on my amp, with gain,treble,bass,and volume.But I would still love to hear your setting for jazz,rock,and blues.

Hi RubberSoul! I have had to experiment with this a lot, and from what I have found every combination of guitar and amp is different. The best thing might just be to try everything! 

Not that I am an expert or anything, but I usually start with everything on the amp at 5 or whatever the middle is, and the volume and tone on the guitar at 7 or 8. From there you can play with all the knobs individually to get what you want.

Often with humbuckers I end up dropping the mids to make the clean tones sound nicer, or you may find that you like a more mids-forward sound and boost them. I think single coil pickups can sound harsh at times, especially with distortion on, so experimenting with the treble or the tone knob on the guitar (which takes out some of the treble) can help. You might even find that rolling the volume on the guitar down not only reduces the volume but also takes some of the highs out. The volume often has a tone-effect with it too. I like to keep the volume at 7 or 8 so I can roll it up to get a little more distortion whenever I like - that's kind of fun. 

There are also EQ pedals out there too, as well as pedals that doctor your signal in other ways. Infinite possibilities!

Edited by colder
  • Like 1

• Member ID:  243
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  541
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  64
  • Device:  Windows

This isn't exactly EQ, but it some goods tips about using your tone and volume controls. 

Joe Bonamassa's Tone Tips