• Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  0
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  03/23/1943

I really enjoy our new Guitar Gathering site, it is really done well. A number of our talented members have help put this site together. Thank you for your work in getting the job done. Without your efforts one day we would cease to exist. One thing I do miss is the Session Questions from the old site. There is a vast amount of information for each particular session that has been accumulated over the years. This has been an important resource for me and I still visit this area often. Really wish there was a way to rescue this information for our members before it is gone forever.

• Thanks 1

• Member ID:  12
  • Group:  Members
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  184
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  177
  • Birthday:  07/19/1948
  • Device:  Windows

@The deuce, to be clear.  Are you saying that you would like an individual subforum for each of the 20 sessions in L&MG like we had at the old forum? (I'd like to see that as well.)  Or, are you saying you would like to see all (or many of) the individual, helpful posts for each of the sessions over at the old place imported over here?  I'm not sure how viable that is just due to the time investment.  But I have to agree.  I found a lot of very helpful answers to my questions about individual sessions as I progressed through them.

• Member ID:  119
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  03/23/1943

Matonanjin, I'm not really a tech person but understand getting all the info moved over to this site may be near impossible. However what ever postings could be moved would be a benefit. Not really sure if anything can be done. Of course the ideal would be all postings for all 20 sessions be here and available to members.

• Member ID:  6
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,056
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  150
  • Birthday:  12/14/1960
  • Device:  iPhone

we it'd be a very long task for someone to 'clip'n'paste' all that information over there over here.

but we do have a Learn and Master sub section here.. and although it might be helpful to have 'sticky' the topics Session 1 ~20.. there are those that are currently posting in Learn and Master Guitar section of this forum..

so new forum sections can be made and populated

https://www.guitargathering.com/community/index.php?/forum/12-gibsons-learn-master-guitar/

2018-04-07_114615.jpg

• Member ID:  5
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,077
  • Days Won:  166
  • Device:  Android

51 minutes ago, Eracer_Team-DougH said:

we it'd be a very long task for someone to 'clip'n'paste' all that information over there over here.

but we do have a Learn and Master sub section here.. and although it might be helpful to have 'sticky' the topics Session 1 ~20.. there are those that are currently posting in Learn and Master Guitar section of this forum..

so new forum sections can be made and populated

https://www.guitargathering.com/community/index.php?/forum/12-gibsons-learn-master-guitar/

2018-04-07_114615.jpg

When I started the LMG Sesson 11 topic, this was what I had in mind.... A topic  for each of the Sessions so members who are still working on the LMG course (there must be hundreds) could post their progress, and receive the encouragement and advice that was so good about the "old " LMG Student forum. To get the ball rolling, all it would take is for someone (Matonanjin ? ) to fill in a topic for each session 1 through 20, and start afresh. If "old " questions can me populated, then time and effort permitting, fine. Comments?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Member ID:  4
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  490
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  65

Good suggestions all - I too miss the old session topics.

• Member ID:  10
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  36

The old site is probably one huge database. I don’t think the L&MG part can be isolated. Even if there was a way of doing it and that part could be imported into the new database, chances are it would not show properly due to software incompatibility of both forums’ front ends. 

The only way is to copy and paste, but that would be time consuming. I guess individual members could take upon themselves to do it, but a larger number would be required to minimize the time factor. Some coordination of effort would be necessary as well. 

There is another aspect. Technically, one should ask Legacy for their consent. And what about individual posters? Shouldn’t they be asked? Anyway, I feel like I’m rambling. 

It’s probably best not to mess up the new forum with the old stuff. However, Steve could break up the L&M Course Questions into the individual sessions so that students could ask questions in the corresponding lesson section. 

Another option and probably more practical is to post a question with the session number in the title and tag it accordingly so that it could be easily searchable. This way Steve won’t have to do the break-up and each course section will get populated gradually. 

On 4/7/2018 at 12:45 PM, NeilES335 said:

When I started the LMG Sesson 11 topic, this was what I had in mind.... A topic  for each of the Sessions so members who are still working on the LMG course (there must be hundreds) could post their progress, and receive the encouragement and advice that was so good about the "old " LMG Student forum. To get the ball rolling, all it would take is for someone (Matonanjin ? ) to fill in a topic for each session 1 through 20, and start afresh. If "old " questions can me populated, then time and effort permitting, fine. Comments?

Having read numerous posts from Learn and Master Guitar students who are still using this great course, (the core of what many of us do) I went ahead and posted topic headings under each of the 20 Sessions in Learn and Master Guitar section. While it would be nice to have a lot of the "old" content, we have to start somewhere, so starting afresh seemed to me the best way. I hope you approve.

• Thanks 2

• Member ID:  10
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  36

@NeilES335, I understand your intention and thank you for taking the initiative, but you’ve created threads (Topics), not sub-forums. I see a problem with this approach. If there’s more than one topic or question for a particular session and there certainly will be, it will become tedious to get through the thread to the relevant info. If Steve is too busy, perhaps he could give you admin privileges to create the sub-forums for each course.

• Thanks 1

• Member ID:  12
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  184
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  177
  • Birthday:  07/19/1948

@V7#5b9, I'm sure that @NeilES335 realizes that he created threads not subforums.  I see Gerard's point that a thread for one session could get long and it could be tedious to get to the recent point.  Of course, a subforum is going to be one more layer to get through.

Let me think on this. I need to get to something right now.

For now I have arbitrarily pinned sessions 1 and 11.  Tomorrow I'll pin the rest or set up subforums.  Gerard, thanks for your thoughts on this and Neil for your efforts in creating those individual threads.

49 minutes ago, matonanjin said:

@V7#5b9, I'm sure that @NeilES335 realizes that he created threads not subforums.  I see Gerard's point that a thread for one session could get long and it could be tedious to get to the recent point.  Of course, a subforum is going to be one more layer to get through.

Let me think on this. I need to get to something right now.

For now I have arbitrarily pinned sessions 1 and 11.  Tomorrow I'll pin the rest or set up subforums.  Gerard, thanks for your thoughts on this and Neil for your efforts in creating those individual threads.

Ron; As site administrator , I defer to your judgement to use , modify or delete as you wish.