Where can I buy a new physical copy of the course?

• Member ID:  3,668
  • Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Achievement Points:  0
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Device:  Macintosh

Hi everyone, I'm going through the L&M course at Udemy. It's truly a wonderful course and I would like to purchase the physical version. I've been checking Legacy's website for a while; I saw that they had great sales on the course over Thanksgiving ($99) but it was always out of stock. I sent them an inquiry email but have not received any responses.

Can anyone point me to where I can purchase a physical copy? I'd like to buy the Blues and Fingerstyle course as well. On Legacy website, only the Song Hits and Rock Hits courses are available.

• Member ID:  12
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  184
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  177
  • Birthday:  07/19/1948
  • Device:  Windows

@Cuong Dang, you are correct!  "It's truly a wonderful course"!   Let me do a little searching also and see if I can a place that might have it in stock.  I'll check with Steve.  One thing to be sure and verify, if you find a place offering it for sale, is if what is being offered is the version with bonus DVD's.  There are two versions of L&M Guitar.  One version just has the 20 sessions.  The alternative has 20 sessions but for each of these 20 there is also a "bonus"  session.

I don't know if the Udemy L&M Guitar course is teaching the basic one or the one with the bonus sessions.

The way the course is named, the extra sessions called "bonus", might lead one to think those additional sessions have just a little bit of bonus material.  This is unfortunate because those "bonus" sessions have a lot of information.  A lot!   This is not just my impression.  A lot of members, over the years, have echoed that opinion here.  I would go so far to say there are sessions that the bonus materials provide more info than the "regular".  

Please be sure and let us know here how you are progressing!

• Member ID:  9
  • Group:  Moderators
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  819
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Achievement Points:  1
  • Days Won:  211
  • Birthday:  01/01/1953

@Cuong Dang Hello, and welcome to the forum. There are several guitar courses available from Udemy, but if it is using the Learn and Master course materials, it might be doing so without authorization and illegally. We have witnessed a prior instance of this, and Legacy quickly had the course removed. It's possible that since that time, Legacy has authorized such use to someone, but you should verify that so you are not contributing to the practice.

Although Steve does not list the Blues or Fingerstyle courses in his store at this time, it's possible that he might still have a copy. You can ask by e-mailing him at: service[at]guitargathering.com. There is little demand for physical media these days, and the last I heard was that, as you report, Legacy has sold out of some courses.

• Member ID:  6
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  1,056
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  150
  • Birthday:  12/14/1960
  • Device:  iPhone

@Cuong Dang @DianeB I saw a post recently from @Steve Krenz on Facebook

someone was asking about the LM-G course and they lost some of the disks and wanted to buy more,

Steve said to use Udemy as the source now that Legacy is no longer selling the physical course.

At one time Legacy had made a deal with Guitar Center in USA to sell the courses.. I was in one (think Buffalo NY) and saw a copy there but that was some time ago.

it's possible that some Guitar Center stores still have an old copy on the shelves for sale waiting to sell.

if you're in the USA it might be worth the hunt. 

I just typed in the title in Amazon seeing if there was any for sale there.. couldn't find any.

I do see some on sale on EBay.. found a used one for $59.99 usd +15 shipping.. 

it says no manual.. but the manuals are download anyway (see my signature line for that)

I also see some copies on EBay for ridiculous money.. 

sadly Legacy looks like they've come to the end of the road.  we all wish that Steve would redo the series under the Guitar Gathering brand but that doesn't look forth coming any time.

hope you find a copy of the 20+5 disk version of the course. it is how many of us have learned to play guitar.

• Thanks 1

• Member ID:  3,668
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Thank you all for your responses. I'm following the Udemy course that is linked to on Legacy's website, so it's legit. Has all the bonus sessions as well. It doesn't have any jam-along tracks though but that's not too bad. Thanks to this forum, I could figure out all the target BPMs to practice.

That's too bad about Legacy no longer offering any physical copies; it seems that physical media is coming back these days. I just ordered The Song Hits a few days ago and they still shipped it. Just received it today; they sent me the correct book but the wrong DVDs! They sent me The Rock Hits DVDs instead! I called, left them a message, and sent them an email. Hopefully, they'll ship me the correct DVDs...

• Member ID:  6
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  1,056
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  150
  • Birthday:  12/14/1960
  • Device:  iPhone

@Cuong Dang the Rock Hits wasn’t made by Steve, it’s a mix of lessons that were on the Gibson learning site at one time.

but the Song Hits is produced by Steve and is a very good companion to the main course (also purchased in Steve’s store link at the top)

only caveat is Hit Me With Your Best Shot, Steve had to put the long version in Session 1 due to royalties of the song

he doesn’t expect someone in Session 1 to play the full version of the song there

• 2 weeks later...

• Member ID:  272
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Device:  Windows

I have the original Fingerstyle course. It has 8 CDs of instruction. A ninth CD is called Lessons With The Masters. Tenth CD is the manual and Jam Along Tracks.