• Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  0
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  09/19/1958

Is a Boss Eband JS10 the right thing to have so that my wife and myself can practice together or is there a better way.

• Member ID:  5
  • Group:  Members
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,077
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  166
  • Device:  Windows

@jumiclads I dont have one of these, but judging by the Boss review video this looks  like probably has bit  more than you need, right now, but l would be very good for jamming along with songs , recording yourself etc. It does handle 2 guitars, and is compact. As long as you get along with the  digital "menus"  idea it could be a good option. I believe there are some members here who have and use them.

BTW; I have a Fender G-Dec amp (not produced any more) which has similar features, but I found the menus etc too complicated when I was getting started. .. I still dont really use all the features it has, but I'm slowly using more of them. Just a thought to maybe keep it simple. (You might consider a digital amp that has 2 imputs and less expensive than the Boss E-Band) 

• Thanks 1

• Member ID:  12
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  184
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  177
  • Birthday:  07/19/1948
  • Device:  Windows

@jumiclads, let me apologize up front for not answering your question.  I don't know if it the Boss JS-10 will work for you and your wife practicing together.  I would think it would.  Is there a better way?  I don't know that either.

I have the Boss JS-10 and love it.  I have posted here and over at our previous home many times recommending the product.  But I have never used it with another guitar plugged in.  I have taken it to several environments, lessons, jams, etc.  thinking that I would use it that way but it never materialized.  I even flew to Chicago one time to take a lesson with @Steve Krenz with it but we only plugged my guitar in!

As Neil mentioned there are other members are here that have it and hopefully one or more of them will offer you a more helpful response than mine.

If you find it will work for you and your wife it is a very useful learning tool.  I use it every day.  I always have the different learning materials that I am working stored on it.  As an example I am finishing up Session 13 right now.  The last jam along song is "Johnny's E Blues".  I have it set to about 80% speed and I have it looped to about the first 8 or 9 bars.  When I get it to where I can play all 12 bars I will start increasing the speed until I get it to 100%.

I probably used mine for at least a year before I tried the different modelling amps and effects that it has.  I still rarely use it for that.  I usually plug in to something else.  Any song that I am working goes on it and I have lots of backing tracks on it.

It's really compact as Neil also mentioned.  Many times it has gone in the overhead in a plane or the back seat of my car.  That's when I use it to plug in. 

good luck to you and let us know what you decide.  I'm now logging off and going to go work "Johnny's E Blues" and blues scale with it.

• Thanks 1

• Member ID:  88
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1

I've got one and love it! Really helps to learn those pentatonic scales.  I recently got rid of my Mustang I amp, and used the eband exclusively now as my practice amp.  It has two input jacks for guitars or mics, with separate volume dials.  Did I mention I love it?

• Like 1