• Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  218
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Achievement Points:  0
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  16
  • Device:  Macintosh

Well its been quite a while since I've visited GG, so I thought I'd drop in to see what's going on.  Glad to see the Live Lessons are still drawing good response and there are still some familiar names around.  I'm sure the live lessons are far more productive than the chats and message board rants from the days of old. lol  Still I sometimes miss the discussions we had, despite the drama that sometimes arose from them.  I learned a lot from those old message boards and chats.  

As for me, I successfully transitioned to 100% remote work during COVID and that allowed me to move back to my home State of SC after 30 some odd years in VA.  Only now I'm on the coast vs. the foothills where I was born and raised.  The move meant leaving my Band in VA and that was a bummer, but the lead guitarist and bassist had both retired and the writing was on the wall regardless of if I stayed or went.  I think I was part of the last line up that played a gig but they may have done a few more shows before the final break up.  

For me,  I started reaching out through several venues down here and after a few failed attempts I've found a stable jam group that I play with every other Friday evening.  We have a few that are interested in gigging but I'm really not that focused anymore.  At times I found the Band to be as demanding as a job as I struggled to learn and keep up with far better musicians.  I'm quite content to have an outlet that does keep me playing and learning but is not as demanding as a gigging band. The music scene here is very, very lively with lots and lots of great players, so most weeks, I see live bands at least 2-3 nights.  I live walking distance to one of the big areas of restaurant/bars that all feature live music so there are 4-5 bands to choose from.  We often walk over after dinner to check them out - Love it.

Anyway, Hope you all are doing well in your guitar endeavors, especially any of you L&M old-timers and OG-GG folks that are still around .  

Oh, btw, my chronic GAS remains in remission and I have not purchased a single bit of guitar gear - not even a cable - In several years.  Of course I accumulated significant pile of stuff before finally getting it under control. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Member ID:  9
  • Group:  Moderators
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  820
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Achievement Points:  1
  • Days Won:  212
  • Birthday:  01/01/1953
  • Device:  Macintosh

Good to hear from you, Six! Don't be a stranger.

• Member ID:  6
  • Group:  Members
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,056
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Achievement Points:  0
  • Days Won:  150
  • Birthday:  12/14/1960
  • Device:  iPhone

work from home 100%, I'm jealous.. I'm still hardware IT,, never locked down.. never at home

I still haven't found a good jam group.. only a couple of bars that have bands and people can drop in but without rehearsals it's a nightmare trying to be the lead, and they are on their own tangent.

hope you can jam as that's part of the sharing of music.