• Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  72
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  0
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/23/1958

Is the forum subtitle, "Major Scale Mastery Levels 1 & 2 Fretboard Workouts," related to the courses that were once for sale under "Close Outs? Did not see them today. If so, what or how does/did that help? If not, ok. Thanks. 

• Member ID:  2
  • Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  155
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2
  • Device:  Macintosh

Steve posted this link last year on the old forum. I don't own this, but hopefully some who do will chime in. :)

https://gx169.infusionsoft.com/app/page/fretboardworkoutsspeed

If you want to read the comments to his original post, you can go to the old forum here. I will paste what Steve wrote below.

He wrote:

Hello all,

I've been working the last month on a series of workouts to help you gain increased speed and accuracy when you play.  These are the exact exercises and drills that I do and that I run my private students through and I've seen great results with them.

I've broken the exercises down into three 20-minute workouts - Basic, Intermediate and Advanced.

They are meant to be used daily as needed to sharpen up your picking and coordination.

All of the workouts start very slowly but increase in tempo throughout the course of the workout. 

Here's the breakdown...

Basic Workout - Starts at Quarter Notes at 60bpm and takes you to Quarter Notes at 120 bpm.

Intermediate Workout - Starts at Quarter Notes at 60bpm and takes you to Eighth Notes at 120bpm.

Advanced Workout - Starts at Quarter Notes at 60bpm and takes you to Sixteenth Notes at 120bpm.

Why Does Each Workout Start So Slow? 

The Short Answer: You can't get to your fastest speed without taking enough time to gradually, systematically ramp up the tempo. 

The Long Answer: It takes a time of warming up, stretching, and gradually increasing the tempo for your picking to get the fastest it will be.  Think of it this way.  A weight lifter doesn't wake up, walk into the gym, set the weights for the highest amount he's ever done and lift it successfully. The same is true with guitar.  Without the gradual warmup, you never get to the highest speed you are capable of.

Where Should I Start?

Start with the basic workout.  If you make it through without even missing a note then move to the intermediate workout the next day. 

IMPORTANT: Identify the Last Speed that You Were Able to Play the Exercise Consistently Correct - This is your LAST PERFECT SPEED. After this speed you will find that you consistently start missing notes.  There is a specific, identifiable speed that you will find that you start to miss notes and have trouble keeping up.  As you move past this point, you begin to miss more and more notes.

The last speed that you were able to play the exercises consistently correct is the BPM that matters.  Take note of it.  Write it down.  This is the BPM that you will start watching rise over the following days and weeks.  (Don't waste your time trying to play way past the point where you start missing notes.  It's useless effort.)

How often should I do the workout?

Do them daily for a while.  Until you start seeing results.

When Should I Start Seeing Results?

About day 3 is when you start seeing results.  It doesn't happen on the first day, or even the second.  But usually by day 3 of doing the workout, you should start seeing your Last Perfect Speed start to increase.  That's the payoff!

Learn all you can.

- Steve

• Thanks 1

• Member ID:  49
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  247
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  16
  • Birthday:  08/01/1965
  • Device:  iPhone

Hi Odie,

They are additional video and PDF resources that you can find here https://gx169.infusionsoft.com/app/storeFront/showCategoryPage?categoryId=19

You can get to that page by clicking 'Guitar Training Resources' at the top of the page and selecting 'videos'.

They are really good and help you to build muscle memory for your major scales.

Ian

• Member ID:  292
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  72
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/23/1958

Cindy (one of four sister's name is Cindy) and IanD,

Thanks much. Will research the links and reread Steve's comments posted by Cindy.

Odie

• Thanks 1