• Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  103
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Achievement Points:  0
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/03/1961

One of my favorite things in life is to find a trail or path I haven't taken. I wandered the world for years while in the army and locally wherever I happened to be. Woods, desert, mountains, shoreline, suburbs or city, I love it all. While listening--repeatedly--to Roy Orbison sing You Got It, youtube listed the usual assortment of follow on temptations. I noticed "Amy - Pure Prairie League (Cover)" with a cute girl singing. I've always loved that song, not so much the covers I've heard. But hope springs eternal. I enjoyed the cover! The band was called "Foxes and Fossils." Well, why not try the Crosby, Stills and Nash song listed next: Suite: Judy Blue Eyes? I never gave a hoot about artist or song names, much to my current dismay, but I instantly recognized this one. I listened and almost fell off my chair. Outstanding! Fantastic harmony, soloing and and some rippin' guitar. I guess Graham Nash emailed Tim, the cover band's creator and organizer and said: Great job.

https://foxesandfossils.com/project/suite-judy-blue-eyes-crosby-stills-and-nash-cover/

Foxes and Fossils have a website at https://foxesandfossils.com

I ended up listening half the night since I was off work. Everything sounded good. I listened to many I didn't know. I still don't know who Adele is, but now I know Rolling in the Deep.

This didn't fit the new guitar music topic, so I started down another trail.

Rock On (Rolling in the Deep)

• Like 3

• Member ID:  64
  • Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  169
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Achievement Points:  0
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  20
  • Device:  Macintosh

Phil- Some great music came out of  bands in the 60's & 70's..... I grew up listening to Pure Praise League, Poco, The Byrds , The Eagles and CSN&Y to drop a few names. I got to see some great bands growing up just north of San Francisco. The Bay area had its share of great music back then. It is is fun to reminisce and remember the good old days. I have to smile when I see videos of a young Vince Gill with Pure Praise League! Thanks for sharing.

Mike

• Like 2