• Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  0
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/08/1998

I played guitar for two years in high school and worked through up to lesson 18 in LMG but haven't played in several years and I am very much wanting to get back into it given that I have figured out the college thing for the most part. However, I really don't know where to start back up or really how to figure out where I am to resume my studies and practice where I left off several years ago. Any tips?

• Member ID:  12
  • Group:  Members
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  184
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  177
  • Birthday:  07/19/1948
  • Device:  Windows

Welcome back and best of luck to you.  You almost finished the course!  It should come back to you fairly quickly but perhaps a little review would be in order?  Certainly you don't need to review session 1 and probably you can sneak through the notes (sessions 2, 3,4) very quickly.  But starting with Open chords, session 5, devote a week or two or so per session until you're caught up.  Obviously any area that you are a little rusty on would get a little extra attention.  Then you could finish up the last two sessions. 

Perhaps when you get caught up you could look at a specialization course in whatever genre you like to work concurrently while you finish.  To keep it interesting and fun!  You could look at Steve's Blues Course or Fingerstyle or any other one of interest to you.

Again, Welcome Back!

• Member ID:  5
  • Group:  Members
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,077
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  166
  • Device:  Android

@dcollord98 Welcome back! If you were at S18 on the LMG course, you already know how to play, and know far more than most. It should come back to you pretty quickly.  If I were you , I'd go back to about S8 or S9 , and work through a review until you're back up to speed. I' d watch Live Lessons and buy Steves most recent "Fretboard Workout" courses (Major Scales, Speed & Agility , & Jazz Chords...all very low cost downloads from Resources store).  Let us know how you make out ?.

All the best!