• Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  83
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  0
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  01/18/1943

If any of you have read any of my other posts or book reviews you know Roy Rogers played a big part in my life as my boyhood ideal.   I found this picture the other day of Roy and Dale Evans with Roy's sisters and his parents.  His mom suffered with polio, which also added to his workload as he grew up in the backwoods of Ohio.  He use to talk about how the only entertainment the family had was singing and playing musical instruments (his folks taught him to play several instruments).  When I saw his mother holding that guitar her fingers said this wasn't necessarily a posed picture that this old gal could bang out a song on that instrument.   

5ac1ad8a2bda6_ROYROGERSFAMILYWITHDADANDMOMcopy.jpg.72e720752aa490c8f6c0429bf76837c0.jpg

Edited by Brad Baugh
In wrong location

• Member ID:  78
  • Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  83
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  0
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  01/18/1943

Not sure how some of my other comments got pulled over to this site.  Anyhow I worked for the US Coast Guard and USDA for many years.  During this time I traveled everywhere.  When I would get into a town I usually ate at my hotel or Macdonald, KFC, etc., basically because I didn't know any of the good places to go to in that town.  When I looked at Thom Bresh, Tommy Emmanuel, Joe Robinson's schedule I thought they probably know of a couple places but maybe not so I thought I would help them out.  I am staying with my own town and if others would like to contribute for their town we may be able to help out these traveling performers.

All of these are family owned and can be found on the web.  I have no connection with any of them accept their great food.

SPOKANE, Washington

Molly's .. nice family environment, all the food mom makes

Longhorn Barbque ... great buffet or dinners

Cathay Inn ... Chinese and Asian