• Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  0
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/15/1987

Hello everyone, 

It's my honor to be here learning guitar with other guys,  nice to meet everybody:)

Please allow me  me to introduce myself , My name is Kee who is 31 yeas old  man,  and  have 9 years cello learning experience (8-17), teaching digital media art in the university. The most important identity about me is that I am an expectant father, supper happy when I got this news,  also for this reason  I made a decision that  to learn how to play solo guitar , especially  want to learn the way of how Mr. Pierre Bensunan  playing style ,  hoping one day I could  play  Pierre 's music like "wuwei" with my kid. 

I did some research works , I found that there are too much methods  to learn how to study this instrument,even too much kinds of  guitars can be chosen(etc,.classical, acoustic guitar ) .  so , I want to ask some questions to  other experts who know the  learning path of solo guitar.  I will post questions  below , hoping  I  get the answer From here .  Many many thanks. 

Question 1 .

Which guitar should I buy?(solved)

I already brought Eastman AC322CE , Yamaha Slg200s ( my wife's gift)

Question 2.

Which system should I Learn ?( learn A first, then go to B ?  just buy B straightforward) 

A. learn & master guitar 

B. learn & master Fingerstyle guitar 

Question 3.

Should I need to remember  every chords for learning  Fingerstyle guitar?  

Question 4. 

Whether I should learn classical guitar first ?

Many Thanks 

Kee

• Member ID:  24
  • Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  156
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  03/02/1964
  • Device:  Windows

Hello!

Thanks for sharing your story.  Congratulations on becoming a parent.  I have three kids myself.  I am by no means anywhere near an expert but there are many experienced musicians on this site.  For my own personal path I am going to study Learn and Master Guitar until I have the first 9 sessions down and then study the Learn and Master Fingerstyle Guitar also.  

• Like 1

• Member ID:  243
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  541
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  64

Welcome Kee. Learn & Master Guitar is your foundation. You are a cellist so you already understand music. Now you have to focus on guitar. Definitely start with A.

Good luck learning every chord. I have the "Rocksmith 2014" video game for Xbox 360 and it has a 1000 chord dictionary. The good news is you do not need 1000 chords to play at a high level. L&M Guitar teaches you most of the chords you need to push beyond the average guitar player.

More good news. You can start practicing basic fingerstyle as soon as you learn chords. Steve has 3 basic fingerstyle patterns in the L&M Guitar course which you can use on all the chords you know. The basics are simple.

If you want to take it to Pierre's level then you need to do more and know more. Pierre is about precision, and he knows all the notes on the neck along with the music theory to make them sing.

I have been playing guitar for 10 years now. I have played fingerstyle every day for 9 years with the basic techniques I learned from Steve. I don't play like Pierre, but I play well enough to make sweet sounds I never imagined possible. I have Steve's Fingerstyle and Blues courses also, but I haven't spent much time with them yet.

Have fun with it! 

• Like 3

• Member ID:  1,654
  • Topic Count:  2

Thanks for all replying to my questions,  I do really really appreciate it. 

Finally,  I find a very very nice place where can get useful information, I can feel the warmth from here. You guys are fantastic. yes! yes! yes!   

Everybody knows that as a self-learner for any project, they usually feel lonely, spent too much time on useless things and easy to give up. but, now I believe that I could learn the guitar well by the assistance from your guys.  one more time, thanks to all.

According to the feedback from you guys, I make a learning plan below.

1 learning learn & master guitar  (1-10) unit 

2 Add  "A Modern Method for Guitar - Volumes 1"  as long as I finish unit 6. 

3 Begin to learn "learn & master fingerstyle " guitar program. 

4 I will create a  youtube channel to record my learning process.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Randy120 said:

Welcome Kee. Learn & Master Guitar is your foundation. You are a cellist so you already understand music. Now you have to focus on guitar. Definitely start with A.

Good luck learning every chord. I have the "Rocksmith 2014" video game for Xbox 360 and it has a 1000 chord dictionary. The good news is you do not need 1000 chords to play at a high level. L&M Guitar teaches you most of the chords you need to push beyond the average guitar player.

More good news. You can start practicing basic fingerstyle as soon as you learn chords. Steve has 3 basic fingerstyle patterns in the L&M Guitar course which you can use on all the chords you know. The basics are simple.

If you want to take it to Pierre's level then you need to do more and know more. Pierre is about precision, and he knows all the notes on the neck along with the music theory to make them sing.

I have been playing guitar for 10 years now. I have played fingerstyle every day for 9 years with the basic techniques I learned from Steve. I don't play like Pierre, but I play well enough to make sweet sounds I never imagined possible. I have Steve's Fingerstyle and Blues courses also, but I haven't spent much time with them yet.

Have fun with it! 

Thank you so much, very very good suggestion.  now, I confirm that  I have found a fantastic place to learn guitar. Thank you Randy.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rkl312 said:

Hello!

Thanks for sharing your story.  Congratulations on becoming a parent.  I have three kids myself.  I am by no means anywhere near an expert but there are many experienced musicians on this site.  For my own personal path I am going to study Learn and Master Guitar until I have the first 9 sessions down and then study the Learn and Master Fingerstyle Guitar also.  

Thank you, Thank you.:) I really really enjoy being a father,  especially to paly guitar with my kid. I think it would be great to learn guitar with you guys.   

• Member ID:  243
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  541
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  64

@moopapa Your plan is pretty good, but don't spread yourself too thin. Anytime you spend away from L&M Guitar will prolong the course. You are still learning, but the main course is real work to complete. 

Another thing to consider is L&M The Song Hits. Steve put together lessons and tab for 2 songs per L&M Guitar session. There are a lot of good songs which steadily get more challenging. He has If and Hallelujah which are great fingerstyle songs. 

Recording yourself really helps your development. 

Hallelujah Nylon

• 1 year later...

• Member ID:  2,398
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  1
  • Days Won:  1

On 2/21/2019 at 4:02 PM, moopapa said:

Thank you so much, very very good suggestion.  now, I confirm that  I have found a fantastic place to learn guitar. Thank you Randy.

https://shrinkme.io/fingerstyle

• Like 1