• Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  0
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  2

On 12/30/2018 at 3:22 PM, ozy said:

Hi Dan Brown,

Thank you for the suggestion!!!.
You got me thinking ? . I will give a try in the next few days.
If it works out, I will try to return my lefty guitar to Guitar Center. I am still working on the material of L&MG session 1

Ozy,

I'm so glad you tried playing righty before really getting started on your journey with the guitar!  Besides having to reverse things to play lefty, you will now have access to more, and more guitars right off the rack, I should know, I'm presently stalled at 15 guitars!  Enjoy the learning and never ever give up !!!!

Dan Brown    ?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

• Member ID:  1,080
  • Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/20/1975

Hey Ozy. I would be interested in your progress. I just recently started this program a couple of days ago. It would be nice to have someone to converse with that is going through the same steps and sessions I’m going through. I am currently on session 1. I am getting the hang of it and can do the exercises quicker everyday, but I’m going to stick on it for at least two weeks. What session are you currently on, and if past it, how long did you stay on session 1?  

Jeff

• Like 1

• Member ID:  359
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  42
  • Birthday:  08/02/1961

Jeff,

I just would like to Add a little info to what everyone else here has said but I have not seen anyone mention the Bonus Workshops that go along with Each Session. Those are Advanced Lessons that coincide with the Main Workbook. You will need to Download the Bonus Workshop Book (Free). I would recommend you feel Comfortable with the Session in the Main Workbook and then go to the Bonus Workshop Book and Continue until you are fairly Comfortable with the Material in that Session before moving forward to the Next Session. I think you will find when you Advance to the Next Session it is a much Easier Transition if you were able to Complete the Material in the Bonus Workshop before Advancing, otherwise it can be a little overwhelming at times. The Bonus Workshop Workbook is Absolutely Your Friend, Utilize it ALL YOU CAN. Also be sure to Watch Both the Main Lesson Video for Each Session and when you Advance Yourself to the Bonus Workshop Workbook, there are Videos for the Bonus Workshop Sessions as well. I know this sounds like alot but do Yourself a Favor and Get Every Ounce of Learning you can from This Course. The Course was Designed to help you Become a Real Guitar Player, if you Utilize All of the Tools Steve Created, I believe you will find your Journey Much Easier. Remember....There Is NO TIME LIMIT for Completion of each Session, Main or Bonus Workshop. Take your Time and Practice until You Feel Comfortable in Moving Forward. You Don't Have to MASTER each Session but at least Feel Comfortable with the Material You Covered, I believe you will find your Journey Much More Pleasant. This is No RACE, Everybody will move along at a Different Pace......So Advance at YOUR Own Pace. What You TRULY Learn, NOBODY can Take Away from You. Should you have the Need to Take a Break from the Course, It will ALWAYS Come Back To You, typically in very short order, I say that from Experience. I am currently Back from a Break and working thru Session 4 and I Started in 2015. No Shame Here, I can Play MANY of the Songs from the Hal Leonard Easy Pop Melodies Book at Full Tempo with the Backing Track.That is WHEN You KNOW...You Have It RIGHT..... 

Jeff, Take Your Time and Enjoy YOUR Journey, afterall....It Is Your Journey. I Wish You ALL The Luck and Please Come here Frequently and Interact with Us and if you have an Issue that is Troubling You, Please Tell Us About it....there will be MANY Advanced Students to Your Rescue, Including Steve Krenz.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

OK.....That was Chapter 1 of My Book...lol  Forgive me Folks, I just say what is on My Mind and I can't Help It if I am Long Winded.

Sandy B.

• Haha 1

• Member ID:  1,523
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  10/16/1974

15 hours ago, SandyB53 said:

OK.....That was Chapter 1 of My Book...lol  Forgive me Folks, I just say what is on My Mind and I can't Help It if I am Long Winded.

Sandy B.

Looking forward to chapter two, Sandy. ?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

On 2/10/2019 at 10:29 PM, SandyB53 said:

Sandy B.

Hey Sandy,

Thanks for the information and encouragement!  I will definitely enjoy the journey.  My home life is pretty busy, so my guitar time is my "me" time to relax and do something I enjoy.  I really like the videos with Steve.  He makes it seem so personable.  Like I'm actually taking a lesson from him.  Well I guess I am, but you know what I mean.  I also like this guitar gathering site.  It is so great to know that there is a whole community on her that is ready and eager to help if I have questions or problems.  Thank you to you, Steve, and everyone on her that makes this such a wonderful learning experience and environment.  Maybe I'll update you a once and a while on my progress.  Still fiddling around in session 1.  I bought the hit songs book and Cd's also.  I can play (the term play used very loosely) "You Got It" by Roy Orbison and "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" by Pat Benatar.  Anyway, I'm having a great time.

Jeff

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Member ID:  6
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,053
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  144
  • Birthday:  12/14/1960
  • Device:  iPhone

@Jkindgren note on You Got It" by Roy Orbison and "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" by Pat Benatar

Steve had to put the full versions with his Session 1 versions otherwise he'd have to pay royalties twice.

In Session 1 Song Hits just work on the short version. 

Long versions for like session 11 or 13

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Eracer_Team-DougH said:

@Jkindgren note on You Got It" by Roy Orbison and "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" by Pat Benatar

Steve had to put the full versions with his Session 1 versions otherwise he'd have to pay royalties twice.

In Session 1 Song Hits just work on the short version. 

Long versions for like session 11 or 13

Ha!  Yeah. When I opened the book I saw the full version, then when I woke up and was able to steady my legs again I saw the short version. 

• Haha 1

• Member ID:  6
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,053
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  144
  • Birthday:  12/14/1960
  • Device:  iPhone

The videos for the Song Hits are broken up into. Introduction, Lesson, Performance.  Steve talks about the full versions in the Introduction of those songs.

• Like 1

Oh cool. I thought they were just CDs. I’ll have to check out the videos. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

• Member ID:  1,648
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  103
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/03/1961

Hi All,

It's been two years since my first attempt stopped at the session 4 "wall." It was overload trying to learn all the positions at once. This time I set guitar practice as a top priority and after tuning my guitar I do all the exercises in Session 1 as a warm up. It has taken 20 plus minutes and has been tedious at times. As my speed increased, I added new requirements, constantly working on my sound: finger placement, picking and fret/pick timing. Now I am comfortable with the sounds and the corresponding feel of my hand and finger position. I usually do all this with my eyes closed now to help focus on the sound and feeling.

The difference in my course work is amazing. Now I'm having a lot of fun, although (I'm thinking of the chords right now) some things have improved at a glacial pace. When I got to lesson 3 the fretting and picking was a non-issue. Of course I'm fumbling a bit, but I know where each sound is by feel. It's a matter of matching labels with sound/feeling, rather than the "lost in space" experience of my first attempt. I have pitched a tent at Session 3, investigating chords and bringing them up more--thanks for the barre chord Steve, the "F". I laughed when I noticed that. I'm checking ahead to make sure I'm not practicing bad habits before I get to new material. This time I noticed Steve's off hand comment about if you want to work on the chords, great. This time I took that to mean: If you'd like to avoid another wall, play over here a bit. From the sound of it, I may have to rent an apartment in Session 4!

• Like 2

• Member ID:  52
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  95
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  5

Welcome back to the course @pkotof! Keep us posted of your progress!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, pkotof said:

Hi All,

It's been two years since my first attempt stopped at the session 4 "wall." It was overload trying to learn all the positions at once. This time I set guitar practice as a top priority and after tuning my guitar I do all the exercises in Session 1 as a warm up. It has taken 20 plus minutes and has been tedious at times. As my speed increased, I added new requirements, constantly working on my sound: finger placement, picking and fret/pick timing. Now I am comfortable with the sounds and the corresponding feel of my hand and finger position. I usually do all this with my eyes closed now to help focus on the sound and feeling.

The difference in my course work is amazing. Now I'm having a lot of fun, although (I'm thinking of the chords right now) some things have improved at a glacial pace. When I got to lesson 3 the fretting and picking was a non-issue. Of course I'm fumbling a bit, but I know where each sound is by feel. It's a matter of matching labels with sound/feeling, rather than the "lost in space" experience of my first attempt. I have pitched a tent at Session 3, investigating chords and bringing them up more--thanks for the barre chord Steve, the "F". I laughed when I noticed that. I'm checking ahead to make sure I'm not practicing bad habits before I get to new material. This time I noticed Steve's off hand comment about if you want to work on the chords, great. This time I took that to mean: If you'd like to avoid another wall, play over here a bit. From the sound of it, I may have to rent an apartment in Session 4!

Camping Out in a Session is No Problem. Remember, This Course is ABOUT YOU.....And Only You. Camp Out as Long as it takes, there is No Shame Here. CHORDS came very Difficult for me while others said CHORDS were Easy for them. Just goes to Show that Learning is Different for all of us, some things come easier for some than others and vice-versa. You can Rush thru this Course and at the End, still Feel like a Newbie or you can Take Your Time and relatively Master each Section and when you get to the End, you will Feel and Play like a Master. The more you Study and Practice, The Better you Get. I preferred to Camp Out in a Session until I was Playing the Material so well I began to get Bored with it.....then I would move on. When I got to Session 5 I knew I was Ready to Tackle Chords because Notes were EASY at that point for me and I was Playing Songs at Full Tempo from the Hal Leonard Song Book I had purchased (Easy Pop Melodies). I can tell you, Session 5 Swamped Me. While I felt Ready to Pursue Session 5, It was Extremely Slow. Master 1 Chord at a Time until you can nearly hit it without Looking....(Feel Your Chord Position). Then when you feel Good about that Add another Chord to the Mix. Steves Videos are Wonderful. Point being, Learn the Material ANYWAY YOU CAN.....Watch Steves Videos, Practice the Material in the Book and The Bonus Resources Book as well as the Bonus Workshop Videos, ALL Of it Helps. Then Develop a way of Practicing that Helps You, Whatever it is. If you need to, come here and ask for Advice, somebody is always willing to Help You. Just Never Give Up...No Matter. It Will Come to You Eventually and when you look back you will be so Happy You Never Gave Up.  Also, Enjoy Your Learning Journey, Don't let it get you down. I am sure at This Point you are able to Play Much Better than you could when You Began this Course. Always Remember That.....Be Proud of your Progress and Keep Telling Yourself, Quitting Is Not An Option, a little every day Practice will Get You To The End in Time. You will be Proud When You Get There and also You will Realize just How Hard Everyone Here Worked to get to the level of Playing Guitar they are Today, it will make you Appreciate them Even More and Your Self Respect Will SOAR. Learning to Play Guitar is Not Easy, But You Can Learn if you Really Want To. I Wish You Well and Keep Your Head up....you can do it.