• Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  55
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  0
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  09/03/1981

Does anyone have played the Martin 00-15e retro? What are your thoughts on that guitar? I sold my blueridge dreadnought because it was to big for me and now I am looking for a new acoustic. The stores nearby dont have that model but when I look at reviews on the internet and the specs of that guitar I think it has everything I wish... I want a good acoustic with electronics for fingerstyle. For The learn and master guitar course I use my electric guitar but I am in stage 7 so the fingerstylestage is nearby ? greetings

• Member ID:  355
  • Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Device:  Macintosh

I have a martin D15 and it’s a nice guitar and is all mohogany. I would not pay the extra for the retro fishman pick up.  The 00-15 is a small guitar and will sound small. It won’t  project and if you plan on playing with others it will get buried. 

if you want a small Martin  I would look at a ceo7 or 000-18 and also put your money into the wood and not electronics. You can always add a k & k pickup up or Lr Baggs.

I went with an 000-18 but also look at the 17 series. 

The new martins with the Lr Baggs pickup sound killer though and I’d much pref that over the fishman aura.

Tom

• Member ID:  84
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  55
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  09/03/1981

Hey thanks for the reply. I really like the looks of the 17 serie ‘ black smoke’... but again, it Will be difficult to chose between 000-17, 00-17L and 00-17s. I think the tripple 0 Will be the best for me. From what I heard and read the 17 is a little Brighter than te 15 series but more articulated...but it is still a bluesy sound. I hope I find a store where I can test the 2series. Maybe you are right and its better to put my own rl baggs afterwards and pay a little more for the woods...

Edited by Limatje

• Member ID:  355
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Device:  Macintosh

It will probably be hard to find them all together. The s is 12 fret and the L sized like a ceo7. A guitarist named angela petrilli has many vids  of the black 000-17. I think its a big step up soundwise and wood quality with an 000-18.