Jump to content
News Ticker
  • You can do it. You can become the guitar player you want to be! This Month's Live Guitar Lessons: Tuesday March 12th - Advanced Blues and Jazz with Robben Ford!! Tuesday March 19th - Celtic Fingerstyle with Shane Hennessy Tuesday March 26th - Celtic Flatpicking with David Howley.
NeilES335

Members Recordings - Songs, Lessons, Open Mic!

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

I enjoyed that very much @NeilES335. Very well played and recorded!

Thanks very much @Old Guy for the compliment and feedback?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This Slow Blues in G - solo was a long one to learn to play by heart and I had to go back to daily practice on pull-offs to get some tricky legato parts under my fingers.

In this solo, the G major pentatonic is played over the 1 Chord and the G minor pentatonic over the 4 and the 5 Chord. 

Thanks for listening.

Wim.
 

 
Edited by Wim VD1
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wim VD1 said:

This Slow Blues in G - solo was a long one to learn to play by heart and I had to go back to daily practice on pull-offs to get some tricky legato parts under my fingers.

In this solo, the G major pentatonic is played over the 1 Chord and the G minor pentatonic over the 4 and the 5 Chord. 

Thanks for listening.

Wim.
 

 

Brilliant!! I love the fact that you aren't trying to speed through and play a zillion notes to fill up space. Great blues breathes. Nice job!

If I can give some advice that has nothing to do with your playing at all, it's great to add some reverb or delay to your signal to really give the notes some body and fullness. It also adds a good level of dynamics to your playing. Especially on those pull offs and single note playing. It rounds out the sound. Give it a go. You may really be surprised with the sounds you get.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Superb playing @Wim VD1 ! I really enjoy your recordings and look to you as a example !   I like clean although I'd agree with @Old Guy that a touch of reverb and maybe a little more distortion would bring out your sound even more.. "A"   By the way i really liked the Jazz-Blues recording too.

By the way... you likely know Robben Ford as giant in the blues - jazz guitar field... He'll be on LIve Lessons in March, so I'm sure you'll want to catch that lesson.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for your nice words and useful comments, @Old Guy and @NeilES335.

I did some post processing and added delay and reverb. Below is the new version. I think it sounds better indeed.

 

Robben Ford on our Live Lessons! That's something to look forward to. I like his mix of blues and jazz.

Take care.

Wim.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wim VD1 said:

Thanks for your nice words and useful comments, @Old Guy and @NeilES335.

I did some post processing and added delay and reverb. Below is the new version. I think it sounds better indeed.

 

Robben Ford on our Live Lessons! That's something to look forward to. I like his mix of blues and jazz.

Take care.

Wim.

 

Ohhhhh that sounds superb!

If you want to try something neat, increase your delay time to about 400ms and do 2 to 3 repeats and when you hit the last note of your run, slide the note either up or down the fretboard and let the note go. Then listen to the delay and repeats.

If anyone does not know who Robben Ford is, or they don't have his stuff, please pick up "Talk To Your Daughter", and his frist record with the Blue Line "Robben Ford and the Blue Line". They are blues classics and are chock full of why Robben is so incredible. I got to meet him many, many years ago. I had a drink with him after his set where I saw him for the first time. Over and above his immense talent, he's an incredible human being.

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the opening jam for my next YouTube video. I called it Rick's Blues because I learning the chord progression from a good friend on YouTube, Rick Romanelli.

A good story too was that I recorded the rhythm backing track, which I will release separately on my YouTube Channel, with my amp, and thought I had recorded the lead as well, but found out I hadn't. Well, I had already sold the amp and didn't have my new one yet! So the lead was done on Garageband with the Jazz amp in there. I think it sounds quite good. Anyhow, silly me. Enjoy!!

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Wow @Old Guy, I am really impressed. Your playing is at professional level.

I like the jazzy tone of your jam.

Wim.

Edited by Wim VD1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the 5th solo from the BGU blues course. It's again in G, and combining major and minor pentatonics.

One more solo to learn, and then up to a Classic Rock course.

Wim.

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Wim VD1 said:

Wow @Old Guy, I am really impressed. Your playing is at professional level.

I like the jazzy tone of your jam.

Wim.

You are very kind, sir. I still have a lot to learn! Not quite at pro level, but having a blast with it.

You are doing very well, as well. Loved the jam you just put on. Some real classic blues licks in there that you pull off very smoothly. Well done!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Wim VD1 said:

This is the 5th solo from the BGU blues course. It's again in G, and combining major and minor pentatonics.

One more solo to learn, and then up to a Classic Rock course.

Wim.

 

Awesome stuff @Wim VD1 ! Both your recent recordings are great! I've heard you develop even further in such a short time. It's very encouraging... I may just look closer at that LMG Blues course thats been lurking on my computer hard drive just waiting for me...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/3/2019 at 12:46 AM, NeilES335 said:

Awesome stuff @Wim VD1 ! Both your recent recordings are great! I've heard you develop even further in such a short time. It's very encouraging... I may just look closer at that LMG Blues course thats been lurking on my computer hard drive just waiting for me...

Thanks, Neil.

Many LMG elements come together when learning these blues solos: lessons 13 (blues) and 19 (soloing), the Speed and Agility workouts and the LMBG course. They all pay off in the end ?.

Wim.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was real fun one to learn and I like the fact that this solo is played all over the neck.
It is my final BGU recording. Now that I have learned all these licks, it is time to work on my blues improvisation skills.

Thanks for listening,

Wim

 

Edited by Wim VD1
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/22/2019 at 9:05 PM, Wim VD1 said:

This was real fun one to learn and I like the fact that this solo is played all over the neck.
It is my final BGU recording. Now that I have learned all these licks, it is time to work on my blues improvisation skills.

Thanks for listening,

Wim

 

I love it Wim, well done!

Ian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/22/2019 at 5:05 PM, Wim VD1 said:

This was real fun one to learn and I like the fact that this solo is played all over the neck.
It is my final BGU recording. Now that I have learned all these licks, it is time to work on my blues improvisation skills.

Thanks for listening,

Wim

 

Love it!! You can swing, brother. Well done!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Chatbox

    You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More

About us

Guitar Gathering is a community of guitar lovers of all types and skill levels.  This is a place of learning, support and encouragement.  We are unapologetically positive.

If you've come here to gripe, demean others or talk politics then this isn't the place for you.

But if you've come to talk guitars, ask questions and learn from professionals and guitar learners from all over the world then come on in!

Get in touch

Follow us

facebook feed

Recent tweets

×
×
  • Create New...