Michael Lang, co-founder of Woodstock, dies.

matonanjin

• Member ID:  12
  • Group:  Members
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  184
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Achievement Points:  0
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  177
  • Birthday:  07/19/1948
  • Device:  Windows

It really shocks me that I didn't see anything about this.  Besides this one I subscribe to several guitar forums I don't think there was any mention of it anywhere.  Shocking, since it was, after all, arguably the single largest cultural event in history.  I just happened to see it on the news.

Michael Lang, co-founder of Woodstock dies at 77.  He died of non Hodgkin lymphoma.

There are a lot of us Woodstock generation on here.  So how did it effect you?  Did it?  I have to say I didn't pay much attention to it at the time.   I was in undergraduate school, working, raising a family, one son at the time.  Like so many.  But I did see, at some point, the Woodstock documentary.  And saw so many guitarists that would later influence me: The Who, Credence Clearwater, Jefferson Airplane, and, of course, Hendrix.  But then I saw Santana performing "Soul Sacrifice".  So often the clip from this is used as the logo for the Festival.

I went out and bought Santana 1.  And I have been a huge fan of Carlos, whether in some band of solo, all of my adult life.

So what about you?

• Member ID:  13
  • Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Achievement Points:  0
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  16
  • Birthday:  10/03/1947
  • Device:  Windows

To have been part of the "Woodstock" summer , today you would have to be in the seventies or eighties age demographic. This age group probably accounts for a small percentage of forum memberships today, hence the lack of news. I remember that summer very clearly, being in my last year of college. Along with three of my buddies, we jumped in the car and headed for Woodstock. We made it as far as Watertown, NY where we were side tracked by a group of girls. Never made it to Woodstock, one of my regrets but we did have a fantastic weekend and one of my buddies married the girl he met.

I am also a big fan of Carlos and was lucky enough to watch him at a concert in Toronto. Better yet, the warm up band was the Doobie Brothers.

Henk

• Like 1