• Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  0
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  08/02/1961

The Learn and Master Guitar Course is the Greatest Course I have Ever tried and took me the Farthest I have Ever been in my Guitar Learning Journey. I made it thru Session 4 before I had to Stop. My Left Rotator decided to cause me Pain and eventually near Total Loss of use of my Left Arm. I wasn't sure What caused it but what I couldn't do was Play my Guitar any Longer. I had gotten thru Session 4 (But not the Bonus Resources) and was able to Play Many of the Songs in Time with the Backing Tracks of Session 4 as well as many of the Songs in Time with the Backing Tracks from the Hal Leonard Easy Pop Melodies Book. I even Recorded them on SoundCloud. Check them Out, I am there as SandyB53.

After about 6 months, my Left Rotator began to Heal (I never sought a Doctor, just accepted that I might lose use of that Arm, and for a While I did). About that Time I decided to pickup my Guitar and Resume my Learning Journey when My Right Rotator decided to Become Painful. Again I didn't Understand WHY but I Stopped Playing in order and Hoping that my Right Rotator would Heal as the Left one did...Over Time. Still No Doctor. After about 6 months or so, just as the Left Rotator had, my Right Rotator began to heal and I was once again able to use my Right Arm.

Just as I thought Life was Getting Better I received a Call and was asked to come Operate a Very Large Construction Dump Truck on a Project where they would be building a very large Mini Storage Facility on about 10 Acres of land. I accepted the Job Offer and Off to Work I went. After about 3 months of Working one day I hit a Rut at pretty fast Speed, lifting my Seat and Jolting me Pretty Hard when I felt my Neck Pop....Sharp Pain but I finished out the Day. The Next Day the Pain was Intense and I was Unable to Work. The Only Position I could get ANY Relief was Laying Down, the Moment I sat up, The Pain became Intense. I did seek a Chiropractor and an M.D. for this one, the Pain was far to Intense under Normal Sitting to Ignore it. Neither Doctor was able to do very much to Fix the Pain, Only Mask it with Pain Meds which had some Other Not So Nice Effects at which time I stopped the Prescription Drugs and decided to just Rough it out as best I could with Tylenol and Advil. Those pain relievers Managed the Pain but Not Enough to Return to Work nor do anything else for that matter including Play my Guitar.

After several months, my Sister called and told me she found a Chiropractor who could Fix my Neck Issue, the only problem was he was 200 Miles away from Me. I accepted the Referral and sure nuff...He Fixed my Neck Issue and the Pain was Finally Gone. I was able to now Function relatively Normal for the first time in nearly 2 years. I went on to Self-Study and acquire My Insurance License to provide an Income and Today I am still an Independent Insurance Agent and Work from my Home Office. What a Gift from God.

So Time passed by and I had not picked up my Guitar in Years but Remembered the Joy Learning to Play my Guitar had brought me in the earlier years so I picked up my Guitar and Believe it or Not.....I couldn't Play a Sour Note, much less a Song. I had lost my Muscle Memory and was no longer able to Read the Music as I had in the Past. I really didn't Expect Anything Less.....it had been Several Years since I had looked at any Sheet Music or Picked up my Guitars....They were Stowed away in their Cases....Collecting Dust.

I got an E-Mail from one of the Music Suppliers with Deals Deals Deals.......I Found One. I saw a New Fender Telecaster and I had always wanted one so.....I Bought It! My Wife asked Why was I buying a New Guitar when I hadn't Played the ones I had in Years.....My Reply.....I'm Fixing to Start. She kindly walked away and didn't give me any Grief (Bless Her Soul).

That was in the 1st week of December this Year...2021. I received my New Telecaster and took it straight to the Guitar Shop for its Initial Setup. I have gotten it back but have not Plugged it in or tried to Play it yet. I had Started putting Ceramic Tile in my Living Room for my Wife. I like Carpet, She Likes TILE. Tile Won! I am not a Professional Tile Guy but I can get it done as I did in our Kitchen and Dining Room many years ago....and it is still holding up. The Living Room has Whooped me 9 Ways from Haydees.....but I am Determined to Complete it. That Story would be Another Book so I will Spare y'all and Not Include it....

Back to My Guitar.....I have began at Session 1 Again and doing very Well other than the Pain of Learning to Fret Again and the pain of the Muscles in my Left Arm that I had Overcome in the Beginning. What I Know...Is I WILL Get Thru It.....Again. It is Amazing how quickly things Come Back to You. I am in Session 2 and am able to Play the Exercises in the Book in near Real TIme/Tempo. So what I do know, is I am going to be Fine and it is Just a Matter of Time until I get Back to Where I Left Off.

In the Meantime, a Young Man who was Helping me with some Jobs around the House (My Heart Condition doesn't Allow me alot of Physical Ability) he had mentioned His Granpa had showed him a few Chords back in the Day but he was Interested in Learning to Play Guitar also. I offered to Practice and Learn With Him here using My Equipment and he Accepted the Challenge. I went so far as to Purchase him a Gibson Learn and Master Guitar Course of his Own as he plans on Purchasing a Guitar and Amp of his Own and to be able to Practice at Home. What A Gift! This Time as I Continue my Guitar Learning Journey....I will get to Share that Journey with a Friend. It doesn't get Any Better than That.

I have Shared My Story in Hope that someone who might read this Post may have been thru some Difficult Times also and had maybe Given Up on Completing their Guitar Journey or was Struggling with Completion of the Learn and Master Guitar Course. I would like to Say to Them.....Pick it Back Up and Even Start Over Again of Necessary. It is Absolutely Worth It. The Joy of Leaning to Play is Incredible and Nothing Compares to the Felling of being able to Play Guitar...and Play Songs YOU Enjoy. It is Absolutely Possible....All You Need is HEART and Commitment. If You Do Not Giveup.....You Will Learn to Play Guitar with the Learn and Master Guitar Course. My Advice.....Take your Time.....Period. Allow yourself Time to Acquire the Knowledge of the Skills and Your Muscles to Condition to Things they are not Accustomed to doing. Spend just a Little Time....Every Day if at all Possible for maybe 30 Minutes in order for your Brain to Not become Overwhelmed nor your Muscles in your Arm and Wrist to become Overly Painful and if you began to feel Alot of pain, take a few days Off and Allow the Muscles to Recover and then Go Back At It. It is a Process that Every Guitarist has Endured...Including Steve I am Sure.

When We Begin the Guitar Journey, We are ALWAYS in a Rush to Get to the Place whee we can Play Songs so we Naturally Rush the Process, Only to Fail when we haven't Totally Absorbed the Material and Skills we need to Play The Songs we want to Play. It is Natural and I'm about Sure 90% of Guitar Students have made this Very Mistake. This Time, Slow Down and Take it Slow, One Step at a Time and Absorb All You Can. Practice until you are Sure you have Learned the Skill and Then Move Forward. There is No Time Limit and if You don't Quit....You Will Learn to Play your Guitar, I am Sure of that since I made it Far Enough Along to be able to Play some of the Songs I wanted to Play...Not ALL of Them but some I never Believed I would be able to Play.

I have looked at Many Guitar Courses since I began My Journey....In My Opinion, The Gibson Learn and Master Guitar Course is The Greatest Course Available still Today. Steve Krenz has a WAY of Teaching like Nobody Else. The Other thing is his Training is not about learning to play some little Short Riffs that you Memorized. He Teaches How to Play Music the Right Way with All The Skills you need to become a Respectable Guitarist. You Need to be able to Read Music in order to Learn to Play Full Length Songs as they were Recorded. All the Skills Steve Offers will take you to a Place you Never Believed you could be. Some of the Former Learn and Master Guitar Students have turned out be be Highly Respectable and Talented, some even joined or Created a Band. You Get Out....What You Put IN.....Nothing More. Don't Give Up...Ever! 

I started My Journey when I was 53 Years Old thus the Nickname SandyB53. I am Now 60 and looking forward to Completing The Learn and Master Guitar Course. You Can Too....Let's Do It!

• Like 3

• Member ID:  4
  • Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  490
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  65
  • Device:  Windows

Welcome back @SandyB53!

• Like 1

• Member ID:  146
  • Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  243
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  19
  • Device:  Macintosh

I remember you, Sandy, from the old forum. I am sorry to read of the troubles you have had but you write with such enthusiasm it is evident that you are in a better place - and with a new Tele, too! All the best for your future life-long  progress and enjoyment of the guitar.

• Like 1

• Member ID:  12
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  184
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  177
  • Birthday:  07/19/1948

Yes!, @SandyB, Let's do it.  I join with @Dave White and @Fretless in welcoming you back to the forum.  And I remember you from for our old forum as well.  I appreciate your sharing what has been going on in your life.  I won't get into detalils here but I can certainly relate.  Just suffice it that I was forced into retirement (due to similar health issues)  not too long after starting on this guitar journey.  I agree with all your positive comments about Steve's L&MG.  Please keep us up tp date on your progress!

• Like 1

• Member ID:  2,853
  • Followers:  0

Thanks to ALL of you for the Kind Words. I am Really Excited about getting back into the Lessons but I have to Finish my Living Room Tile Project Before I get too Deep in the Guitar, but believe me, I will be Practicing along nearly Daily in for nothing else but get back my Muscle Memory and get back my Site Reading. When the Tile Project is Completed, I will begin spending much more time on Guitar Lessons. I remember All of You also and have Missed Y'all as well. I remember some Great Conversations from the Old Forum and look forward to joining some of the Great ones here also. Hopefully I will get to Join Y'all on a Tuesday Night Live Lesson with Steve....as it is, Tuesday Nights are the Nights I have HAM Radio NETS with the Local ARES Group (ARES= Amateur Radio Emergency Services) but I am gonna Skip one Night and come Join Y'all SOON.

• Member ID:  2,655
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  58
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  10

16 hours ago, SandyB said:

The Learn and Master Guitar Course is the Greatest Course I have Ever tried and took me the Farthest I have Ever been in my Guitar Learning Journey. I made it thru Session 4 before I had to Stop. My Left Rotator decided to cause me Pain and eventually near Total Loss of use of my Left Arm. I wasn't sure What caused it but what I couldn't do was Play my Guitar any Longer. I had gotten thru Session 4 (But not the Bonus Resources) and was able to Play Many of the Songs in Time with the Backing Tracks of Session 4 as well as many of the Songs in Time with the Backing Tracks from the Hal Leonard Easy Pop Melodies Book. I even Recorded them on SoundCloud. Check them Out, I am there as SandyB53.

After about 6 months, my Left Rotator began to Heal (I never sought a Doctor, just accepted that I might lose use of that Arm, and for a While I did). About that Time I decided to pickup my Guitar and Resume my Learning Journey when My Right Rotator decided to Become Painful. Again I didn't Understand WHY but I Stopped Playing in order and Hoping that my Right Rotator would Heal as the Left one did...Over Time. Still No Doctor. After about 6 months or so, just as the Left Rotator had, my Right Rotator began to heal and I was once again able to use my Right Arm.

Just as I thought Life was Getting Better I received a Call and was asked to come Operate a Very Large Construction Dump Truck on a Project where they would be building a very large Mini Storage Facility on about 10 Acres of land. I accepted the Job Offer and Off to Work I went. After about 3 months of Working one day I hit a Rut at pretty fast Speed, lifting my Seat and Jolting me Pretty Hard when I felt my Neck Pop....Sharp Pain but I finished out the Day. The Next Day the Pain was Intense and I was Unable to Work. The Only Position I could get ANY Relief was Laying Down, the Moment I sat up, The Pain became Intense. I did seek a Chiropractor and an M.D. for this one, the Pain was far to Intense under Normal Sitting to Ignore it. Neither Doctor was able to do very much to Fix the Pain, Only Mask it with Pain Meds which had some Other Not So Nice Effects at which time I stopped the Prescription Drugs and decided to just Rough it out as best I could with Tylenol and Advil. Those pain relievers Managed the Pain but Not Enough to Return to Work nor do anything else for that matter including Play my Guitar.

After several months, my Sister called and told me she found a Chiropractor who could Fix my Neck Issue, the only problem was he was 200 Miles away from Me. I accepted the Referral and sure nuff...He Fixed my Neck Issue and the Pain was Finally Gone. I was able to now Function relatively Normal for the first time in nearly 2 years. I went on to Self-Study and acquire My Insurance License to provide an Income and Today I am still an Independent Insurance Agent and Work from my Home Office. What a Gift from God.

So Time passed by and I had not picked up my Guitar in Years but Remembered the Joy Learning to Play my Guitar had brought me in the earlier years so I picked up my Guitar and Believe it or Not.....I couldn't Play a Sour Note, much less a Song. I had lost my Muscle Memory and was no longer able to Read the Music as I had in the Past. I really didn't Expect Anything Less.....it had been Several Years since I had looked at any Sheet Music or Picked up my Guitars....They were Stowed away in their Cases....Collecting Dust.

I got an E-Mail from one of the Music Suppliers with Deals Deals Deals.......I Found One. I saw a New Fender Telecaster and I had always wanted one so.....I Bought It! My Wife asked Why was I buying a New Guitar when I hadn't Played the ones I had in Years.....My Reply.....I'm Fixing to Start. She kindly walked away and didn't give me any Grief (Bless Her Soul).

That was in the 1st week of December this Year...2021. I received my New Telecaster and took it straight to the Guitar Shop for its Initial Setup. I have gotten it back but have not Plugged it in or tried to Play it yet. I had Started putting Ceramic Tile in my Living Room for my Wife. I like Carpet, She Likes TILE. Tile Won! I am not a Professional Tile Guy but I can get it done as I did in our Kitchen and Dining Room many years ago....and it is still holding up. The Living Room has Whooped me 9 Ways from Haydees.....but I am Determined to Complete it. That Story would be Another Book so I will Spare y'all and Not Include it....

Back to My Guitar.....I have began at Session 1 Again and doing very Well other than the Pain of Learning to Fret Again and the pain of the Muscles in my Left Arm that I had Overcome in the Beginning. What I Know...Is I WILL Get Thru It.....Again. It is Amazing how quickly things Come Back to You. I am in Session 2 and am able to Play the Exercises in the Book in near Real TIme/Tempo. So what I do know, is I am going to be Fine and it is Just a Matter of Time until I get Back to Where I Left Off.

In the Meantime, a Young Man who was Helping me with some Jobs around the House (My Heart Condition doesn't Allow me alot of Physical Ability) he had mentioned His Granpa had showed him a few Chords back in the Day but he was Interested in Learning to Play Guitar also. I offered to Practice and Learn With Him here using My Equipment and he Accepted the Challenge. I went so far as to Purchase him a Gibson Learn and Master Guitar Course of his Own as he plans on Purchasing a Guitar and Amp of his Own and to be able to Practice at Home. What A Gift! This Time as I Continue my Guitar Learning Journey....I will get to Share that Journey with a Friend. It doesn't get Any Better than That.

I have Shared My Story in Hope that someone who might read this Post may have been thru some Difficult Times also and had maybe Given Up on Completing their Guitar Journey or was Struggling with Completion of the Learn and Master Guitar Course. I would like to Say to Them.....Pick it Back Up and Even Start Over Again of Necessary. It is Absolutely Worth It. The Joy of Leaning to Play is Incredible and Nothing Compares to the Felling of being able to Play Guitar...and Play Songs YOU Enjoy. It is Absolutely Possible....All You Need is HEART and Commitment. If You Do Not Giveup.....You Will Learn to Play Guitar with the Learn and Master Guitar Course. My Advice.....Take your Time.....Period. Allow yourself Time to Acquire the Knowledge of the Skills and Your Muscles to Condition to Things they are not Accustomed to doing. Spend just a Little Time....Every Day if at all Possible for maybe 30 Minutes in order for your Brain to Not become Overwhelmed nor your Muscles in your Arm and Wrist to become Overly Painful and if you began to feel Alot of pain, take a few days Off and Allow the Muscles to Recover and then Go Back At It. It is a Process that Every Guitarist has Endured...Including Steve I am Sure.

When We Begin the Guitar Journey, We are ALWAYS in a Rush to Get to the Place whee we can Play Songs so we Naturally Rush the Process, Only to Fail when we haven't Totally Absorbed the Material and Skills we need to Play The Songs we want to Play. It is Natural and I'm about Sure 90% of Guitar Students have made this Very Mistake. This Time, Slow Down and Take it Slow, One Step at a Time and Absorb All You Can. Practice until you are Sure you have Learned the Skill and Then Move Forward. There is No Time Limit and if You don't Quit....You Will Learn to Play your Guitar, I am Sure of that since I made it Far Enough Along to be able to Play some of the Songs I wanted to Play...Not ALL of Them but some I never Believed I would be able to Play.

I have looked at Many Guitar Courses since I began My Journey....In My Opinion, The Gibson Learn and Master Guitar Course is The Greatest Course Available still Today. Steve Krenz has a WAY of Teaching like Nobody Else. The Other thing is his Training is not about learning to play some little Short Riffs that you Memorized. He Teaches How to Play Music the Right Way with All The Skills you need to become a Respectable Guitarist. You Need to be able to Read Music in order to Learn to Play Full Length Songs as they were Recorded. All the Skills Steve Offers will take you to a Place you Never Believed you could be. Some of the Former Learn and Master Guitar Students have turned out be be Highly Respectable and Talented, some even joined or Created a Band. You Get Out....What You Put IN.....Nothing More. Don't Give Up...Ever! 

I started My Journey when I was 53 Years Old thus the Nickname SandyB53. I am Now 60 and looking forward to Completing The Learn and Master Guitar Course. You Can Too....Let's Do It!

Thanks for sharing your story and all the best to you as you resume the journey!

• Like 1

Thank You Nairon.

• Member ID:  13
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  16
  • Birthday:  10/03/1947

Welcome back Sandy

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Member ID:  2,576
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  8

Welcome back. My New Years resolution (again) is to get all the way through GLMG.  Good luck to you.

• Like 1

• Member ID:  6
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  1,053
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  144
  • Birthday:  12/14/1960
  • Device:  iPhone

when you feel lost and looking for answers.. 

look at my signature line.. you'll see the Words of Guitar Wisdom by Steve Krenz in it..

it has many of the answers anyone that is LMG/GLMG are looking for..

I brought those over from the many LMG forums we've had over the years.

Edited by Eracer_Team-DougH
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/7/2022 at 1:34 PM, DonMerlin said:

Welcome back. My New Years resolution (again) is to get all the way through GLMG.  Good luck to you.

Howdy Don. Great New Years Resolution.  I can't Stress Enough for you to Take Your Time.....Seriously. No Matter How Long it Takes. Practice as much as you can, Repetition Builds Muscle memory....Seriously. If you take the Time to Actually Learn the Material and Practice as much as you can, You will Advance, sooner than you think. Always Challenge Yourself but in Small Pieces. This Course is Great but Only as Great As You Study and Practice. Again, take your Time.....It Will Pay Off. I wish You The Very Best on Your Journey and Keep us Posted. I will do the same.

20 hours ago, Eracer_Team-DougH said:

when you feel lost and looking for answers.. 

look at my signature line.. you'll see the Words of Guitar Wisdom by Steve Krenz in it..

it has many of the answers anyone that is LMG/GLMG are looking for..

I brought those over from the many LMG forums we've had over the years.

Thanks Doug, You have been such an Asset to this Group. Your Always THERE for Us and always providing Very Valuable Contributions. The Group Appreciates You and I am Sure Steve is Grateful also. Thanks So Much for ALL You Do.

• Thanks 1

• Member ID:  14
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  528
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  09/26/1951
  • Device:  iPhone

Welcome back Sandy. With your perseverance, I predict great success on returning to learn and play this fine instrument. Great choice of a new guitar to inspire you as well . Best wishes on this. 

Greg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Member ID:  85
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  76
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  13

Quitter, camper or climber.  I think STEVE said something to this effect about learning.

welcome back to the climb 👍😀

• Like 1