• Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,076
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Achievement Points:  0
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  166
  • Device:  Android

A Forum for General Comments and Questions on the Learn and Master Guitar Course by Steve Krenz.

If you have a question or comment specific to a certain Learn and Master Guitar Course Session, please post it there under that Session number.

• Like 1

• NeilES335 unlocked and pinned this topic
  • NeilES335 unpinned and pinned this topic
  • 1 year later...

• Member ID:  1,139
  • Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  22
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1

Hello all,

I was wondering if everyone moved through the course sequentially or if anyone skipped around after a certain point through the course?  I'm on the session 6 chords, but a classical guitar kind of fell into my lap, so I started doing some of the basic fingerstyle exercises from session 10 and trying to track down some simple songs.  Also I went online looking for some interesting music books and found some from the group Blackmore's Night, but there's a bunch of stuff I have not covered in the course (such as session 7 and 8 material).  Should I try and tackle them anyway or wait?  I fully intend to finish the whole course, even if I move around a little bit.  

• Member ID:  8
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  199
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  6
  • Device:  Macintosh

Hi Costancr! 

There are so many different directions guitar can take you, its easy to get sidetracked! 

From my experience, you might want to cover the material in sessions 7 & 8, barre chords. You will need barre chords even for fingerstyle, so from what I see they are pretty important. As a matter of fact, session 10 really highlighted the fact that I needed a bit more work on my barre chords! When you start plucking just a single string and its buzzy, well...  for me it was humbling. 

Maybe you can work thru 7 and 8 at the same time as you explore fingerstyle. But I wouldn't skip them right now. Those sessions can take a bit to work thru so getting started would be great!

Steve just this week started a Wednesday Night workout for Barre Chords. It was great! I think the link is posted above... and there is a pdf handout for it. I'm very sure it would be helpful for you to watch! You can watch the first session then join us the next two weeks! 

The most important thing is that you are having fun learning! 

• Like 2

• Member ID:  5
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,076
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  166
  • Device:  Android

@constancr I recommend that you go through the course sequentially as each lesson is designed to build on all those that come before. If you skip ahead you will be missing viral information and skills.