• Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  0
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  06/30/1947

I was just at a local guitar store playing around with the guitar above.  The neck seems a little shorter tha a Strat.  I do like the feel of the neck.  Any opinions on this guitar would be welcome also what mods would anyone suggest.

• Member ID:  16
  • Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  218
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  16
  • Device:  Macintosh

I think the Telecaster and Strat have the same 25.5 inch scale vs the 24.75 on most Gibson's.

It may feel shorter due to where the body shape places it.  I know the neck on my EPI SG SEEMs way longer than my other guitars, but is the exact same length as my Les Paul.  Its just that the body shape puts more neck off to my left.  (The guitar is neck heavy and the headstock tends to drop if you take your hands off while strapped up and standing.)

Other than that, all I can say is if you like the way the guitar plays and sounds, I'd buy it.

Not sure you'd need to mod it, if you like it as is.  Some of the Squire Series guitars are very well regarded and play and sound like guitars costing several times their price.

I have the Squire Classic Vibe Tele and think it more than holds its own against my more expensive guitars. Edit to add: This model has vintage style 2 strings each saddle so I did replace the stock saddles with compensated ones to get closer to perfect intonation.  Not an issue for the model you are looking at with the modern 6 saddle bridge.

Good Luck.

Edited by Six String

• Member ID:  5
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,077
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  166
  • Device:  Android

Im not really a Fender guy and dont own a Squier either (dont think Ive ever picked one up) but I hear that if that's your cup of tea, then some of the Squier's can be very good value for money. I believe Jack Pearson plays an off the rack Squier Strat (?), just because he likes it; no modifications either; and you can't really argue with his playing much.

• Member ID:  6
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,056
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  150
  • Birthday:  12/14/1960
  • Device:  iPhone

I had a Jim Adkins Fender Slim-Line Tele (strange beast cross between a Gibson and a Fender) 

had a stop tail and TOM and 2 Volume and 2 Tones like a Gibson.. Plus Seymour Duncan P90's in it (that's all factory for one of these)

it had a neck through body and slim taper neck heel.

I liked the tones of it.

but the semi-hollow slim-line body made it neck heavy and prone to dive.. so I sold it ..