• Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  0
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/29/1960
  • Device:  Windows

I've booked my room and air fare. Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

I'll be in Nashville on July 12th to do some drooling at the guitar shops.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Member ID:  1,225
  • Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  04/22/1956

Just curious - I booked 13th through 16th, checkout on 17th. Should I book the 17th also? Not sure what the schedule is on the 14th or 17th - this will be my first conference. Excited!!

• Member ID:  4
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  490
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  65

The conference is basically over when Steve distributes the tickets to NAMM on Saturday morning (at the NAMM show). I plan on heading home after I leave NAMM - however, I only have a five hour drive - which will get me home before dark.

• Like 1

• Member ID:  1,660
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  120
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Achievement Points:  1
  • Days Won:  27
  • Birthday:  12/12/1957
  • Device:  Macintosh

Same plan as @Dave White.     I've never been to a NAMM before, so very excited about the opportunity to put my hands on some of the instruments I am considering.      But I am cheating - I only live 2 hours away and will be staying with my son who lives in Nashville!

• Like 1

• Member ID:  12
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  184
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  177
  • Birthday:  07/19/1948

You guys are making me very envious😡   Someday, I hope to make it there.   (Yeah, I say that every year!)

enjoy!!!

• Like 1

• Member ID:  9
  • Group:  Moderators
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  813
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  209
  • Birthday:  01/01/1953

@Elizabeth S.  Hi, Elizabeth, and welcome to the Guitar Gathering family! If you would like to know what to expect at this year's gathering, this thread about 2019 should give you a good idea, along with the itinerary (attached below). One difference in the schedule is that with NAMM on Saturday morning this year, the Student Showcase will probably be Friday afternoon. And because Trevecca won't be offering lunch service in the student center, we'll be on our own unless Steve works out a catering arrangement.

Guitar Gathering 2019 Itinerary 5-27.pdf

• Like 1

• Member ID:  1,225
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  04/22/1956

Thanks for the info all - looking forward to seeing you in July!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

• Member ID:  9
  • Group:  Moderators
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  813
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  209
  • Birthday:  01/01/1953

We’re less than 7 weeks out, so I will pass along some advice from the past and the latest developments I’m aware of. If this will be your first Guitar Gathering, I recommend reading the threads from 2019 and prior years. I’ll repeat myself a bit here.

The Conference:
In every room, we’ll be surrounded by rows of chairs. An acoustic is probably more versatile for the workshops and jams. If you want to play your electric in the student showcase, there will be cables, amps, microphones, and a professional audio system. The main room will be locked and secure when we’re not there, so you can leave your gear. Make sure your guitar cases are well labeled; there will be a hundred black cases lying around -- in a black room.

Other than the obvious (picks, tuner) I recommend bringing: pencils and a small notepad, business cards, a folding guitar stand, and cash for lunch, Greg Voros' setups, and other incidentals. I also pack sticky notes, staff paper (theory geek), my chord block stamper, foot rest and a small seat cushion. Trevecca has music stands. If you have a specific brand of strings you want Greg to use, bring them with you, otherwise he will use D'Addarios and you might not have a choice of gauge. Steve will have items from his GG store on display for sale.

Trevecca:
At this writing, Trevecca will not have food service on campus. Steve says their contract does not permit outside caterers or food trucks, and he is still exploring our options for lunch. The Trevecca website presently indicates “normal campus operations” but exactly what this will mean for us in July is unclear. There is no on-campus housing this year. The conference is held in the Jackson music building at the back of the campus. It has ample, secure visitor parking. Get your bearings with the campus virtual tour. A few scenes of the Jackson building are near the end of the video.

Housing:
Steve has secured a conference rate of $105/night at the Holiday Inn Express Brentwood about 15 minutes away. Express-style breakfast is included. Use the conference code of GGC when you book online, or call the hotel directly at (615) 221-5001. I just called, and there are plenty of rooms in our block, but I recommend making reservations ASAP, because we will be in town during Summer NAMM and hotel occupancy could be high. There are also a number of other hotel options nearby. Be aware that Nashville can be hot and humid in mid-July, and the Jackson building can be quite cool.

In Town:
NAMM has canceled the public day, Saturday, for Covid concerns. Sorry, gear hounds. So Steve will probably devote Saturday morning to the Student Showcase, a tour, or perhaps something else. That afternoon I plan to attend the songwriters’ show at 3rd and Lindsley. Tickets are also available for Saturday night at the Grand Ole Opry, which will be at full capacity.

A few weeks in advance, Steve will e-mail the registrants with a survey asking: Do you want to reserve a setup with Greg? Can you help with logistics (ride sharing, for example)? Do you want to play in the student showcase? I expect Steve will soon announce a GG 2021 Facebook Group for registrants. So, this is what I have as of May 29, and things can change. Stay tuned. (And in tune!)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Member ID:  1,660
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  120
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  27
  • Birthday:  12/12/1957

Thanks Diane.   Really looking forward to it, although I am a bit bummed to hear that there will be no NAMM visit on Saturday.    Guess I will have to satisfy my new gear urges with a trip to Gruhn's or the new Gibson Garage.

Just a quick note about the hotel.   I called on Monday of this week (June 7) to make a reservation and was told there were no more rooms in our GGC block.    However, they did have rooms available and agreed to honor our negotiated rate.   But it might be necessary to call and make the reservation as opposed to using the website.

Hope to see everyone in July!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Member ID:  14
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  528
  • Content Per Day:  0.23