• Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  0
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0

Hello:

I just wanted to show everybody the new documentary I've made about Juan Miguel Gonzalez, a guitar maker from Almeria, Spain. I think you guys would like this stuff.

You can find it here:

https://youtu.be/dpe8u_gGbXc

It's in Spanish, but it have subtitles in English.

Hope you enjoy it!

Cheers,

Guillermo.

• Member ID:  12
  • Group:  Members
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  184
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  177
  • Birthday:  07/19/1948
  • Device:  Windows

I love it already after a couple minutes!!

"A guitar.  Like finding the woman of your life"😄😉

Btw, we don't allow advertising here.  But since this is a documentary and you're not selling (your only revenues are from YT) we are going to allow this.

(And I hope you don't mind.  I made your YouTube url a clickable link.  Maybe a little easier for folks.)

• Member ID:  2,686
  • Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I'm glad you liked it!!! And that you allowed my work in your community!!

This is NOT advertising, believe me, please. Some folks have told me that, but... You see, I'm a journalist, in Almería, the province in Spain where Antonio de Torres was born and created some of his great guitars. And then, I have made a lot of reportages and interviews in this subjects. And, therefore, I've made a great friendship with Juan Miguel, who is, somehow, the receiver of that tradition...

And then, one day, in the middle of the Covid pandemia, chatting with a friend, Alfonso, we said: Hey, why not we meet one day and Juan Miguel tell his story for a little video, and...? You know. We had some time to spare...

It seemed a good idea, and so we did, with only one Reflex camera and an iPad. And, you know, the conversation went to the guitar stuff, and Juan Miguel played a little, and there came a bottle of good wine and some food... And the little video became a 40 minutes one (when I saw I had good material, I did some extra recording other day, but very little).

I edited it with iMovie (free stuff), and put in YouTube. The reason is that we want it to be seen freely, by everybody who love this guitars and music stuff like we do. I don't have revenues of any kind, not even from YT. Believe me, please.

That is the reason I subtitled it in English, and am posting it in forums and places like yours. You know, once it's done, it would be good that people see it, isn't it?

So I thank you for allowing the video in this place, really!!!

We are hoping to make more stuff about the guitar in Almería, and Antonio de Torres... Here are very interesting subjects. I'll let you know!