Is this course ever going to be available online?

• Member ID:  2,660
  • Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  0
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0

I bought this course I don't know how many years ago and recently dug it back out.  Problem is that I no longer have a DVD player and no desire to go purchase one.  With so many web based options, is there one for this?

• Member ID:  6
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,056
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  150
  • Birthday:  12/14/1960
  • Device:  iPhone

@BrokenSpoke yes and no.. Legacy tried putting the basic set of disks on a On Line site (can't remember which one).  a few of our members did go there a few times. Don't know if its still available as an online resource

Legacy and Steve parted ways some time ago but both Legacy and Steve sell the course (Steve's sales page is located at the top of this forum under the "Store" Tab.) yes I know you don't want to buy it again.. 

but any online resource will make you pay for access to it.. so why not just buy it as it's even cheaper than it was in the past.

Not sure how much right's Steve has to the disk set, think that maybe still run by Legacy. So I don't think you'll see a copy of it on an Online site from Steve.

so the long answer.. probably no. 

but as I said.. you won't get free access so you might as well buy it.. Check out Steve's store above as well as he has a really good fretboard series of short learning videos there too.

• Member ID:  2,660
  • Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Looks like it's less that half of what I paid for it.  Since I still have the DVD's and bonus material there's no reason for me to buy it again.  I just have to decide if I want to deal with buying a DVD player, hooking it up to the TV, or finding a different method that is online and I can use my iPad with.

• Member ID:  146
  • Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  243
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  19
  • Device:  Macintosh

I used Handbrake to rip the DVDs (on my computer) so that I can have the course on my iPad.

• Member ID:  12
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  184
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  177
  • Birthday:  07/19/1948
  • Device:  Windows

@BrokenSpoke I'm not sure, when the dust settled, who ended up owning the copyright to the course.  I would guess that Legacy now owns it since they sell it on the website and through Amazon.  But knowing the answer to that is probably little more than an academic exercise.  It's not offered anywhere as a digital download  I've heard nothing to suggest that it will be offered that way anytime in the future.

Of course, as you said, you could buy a DVD player and hook it up.  Will that allow you to play them where you practice?  Or you could do as @Fretless, I, and many others have done.  You could rip the DVD's to your hard drive, and then play them with a video player such as VLC.  @Fretlessmentioned he used HandBrake; I use a program called WinX DVD Ripper.  Just about any lessons I own on DVD, I rip  to MP4 files because I study using a slow down/looping program called Video Surgeon

BrokenSpoke, is it possible for you to rip the DVD's to playable files?  I realize you're shelling out more $ to play something you already own.  I think I paid around $40 for the DVD Ripper program.  I think Fretless' Handbrake may be free. 

If not, do you know someone that could rip them for you?  Know a highschool kid could do it for you?!🤣

I hope you get this resolved soon and can get back to studying.

• Member ID:  146
  • Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  243
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  19
  • Device:  Macintosh

Handbrake is open source software and free.

https://handbrake.fr/downloads.php