• Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Achievement Points:  0
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  177
  • Birthday:  07/19/1948
  • Device:  Windows

We, my wife and I, first saw Josh Smith (and met him) on the Keeping the Blues Alive at Sea Cruise.  He is one awesome guitarist.  On the cruise we bought his cd, Inception, and after the cruise toured around the Florida Keys for several days.  The CD was on nonstop in the rental car!  The title cut is a beautiful guitar instrumental.

As the title states Josh Smith has a new Signature Guitar, the FlatVI.  Josh is probably fairly well know for his raving about his Chapin T-bird.  In his article in February, 2019, Guitar Techniques he states, "The second I picked it up it was like, 'I was waiting for this my whole life'".   I have to assume the new Ibanez is modeled after it. 

I'm not a T style guy so Josh's new sig axe is not on my radar.  But if you are it may be on yours?  Josh talks about it here:

Back to the cruise!  At the artist get together I told Josh, "I have an odd request.  Would you autograph your Guitar Techniques article?".  He agreed:

joshSmithLessonGTSmall.jpg.7fa1a00ea5e421b13515c88bd43c6347.jpg

• Like 2

• Member ID:  12
  • Group:  Members
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  184
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  177
  • Birthday:  07/19/1948
  • Device:  Windows

Coincidentally, Josh Smith just released a new TrueFire course:

My Guitar Heroes.

From TrueFire:

”'BB King, Albert King, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Jimi Hendrix, Danny Gatton, Cornell Dupree and Steve Cropper have all greatly influenced my own sound as I'm sure they've influenced many other players. In this course, I'll show you a few key techniques and approaches that I picked up from each one of them. These 7 men changed my life. I hope I can pay it forward in a little way by turning someone new onto them'

In this course, Josh will first introduce his heroes to you and describe why he found them so influential. After each discussion, Josh will then present a performance study illustrating those influences in a musical context, over a backing track. A breakdown follows every performance and Josh will explain and demonstrate all of the key concepts and approaches in play"

• 3 weeks later...

• Member ID:  275
  • Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  11
  • Birthday:  07/17/1979
  • Device:  Macintosh

I really like Josh's truefire materials, he's good at teaching and is obviously a really amazing player.