• Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  528
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Achievement Points:  0
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  09/26/1951
  • Device:  iPhone

The holidays caught me preoccupied with my new arrival, A Kemper Kabinet-the spelling there's not mine. I already had the Kemper Profiler and was using it for recording and playing live with a Seymour Duncan PowerStage and a custom cab from a local maker I float through phases with my gear... tube amps, Fractal Axe8, Kemper ( my Line 6 HD 500 just gathers dust) and find enjoyment in all but this Kab was intriguing.  The cab allows for 19 classic cabinet speaker images stored in the software of the Kemper, and the tones are truly quite amazing. One never really has the opportunity to trial different cabinets and speakers for the differences that each provide. The output quality is so much better than my custom cab and I have been consumed with lining up Kemper rigs, cabinets and songs from my favorite artists. The only downside is I have neglected my guitar studies in my pursuits . Blame Santa for that.

Greg

Edited by gotto
  • Like 3

• Member ID:  6
  • Group:  Members
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  1,053
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  144
  • Birthday:  12/14/1960
  • Device:  iPhone

Nice Greg,I got zero music gifts from Santa this yr

• Sad 1

• Member ID:  16
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  218
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  16
  • Device:  Macintosh

Nice Greg.  You are so right that very few ever get to compare cabs head to head so a cab modeler is a very attractive idea.  The Kemper version is pretty interesting.  

I can see why your HD500 gathers dust with that array of gear.  The HD500X was my entry into the world of modeling and while great tones were in there, it was a bit of a steep and often frustrating learning curve to get them out.  I eventually dialed in a set of tones that worked for me and stuck with them for a good while even after my buddy got a Helix and I saw how much more intuitive it was and how quickly he could set up a decent sounding signal chain.  Eventually the simplicity won me over and I switched over to Helix and left the difficulties of the  HD500 behind.

• Like 1

• Member ID:  10
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  36
  • Device:  Windows

Congrats on your new gear acquisition Greg. Enjoy the Kempers and make great music with this set.

• Like 1