• Topic Count:  362
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  538
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Achievement Points:  0
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  29
  • Device:  Macintosh

Singing about winding roads in Maryland ended up being the song   “Take me Home Country Roads.” Denver and his friends had never been to West Virginia, but Maryland didn’t sound right nor did Massachusetts where they were living at the time. They chose W. Virginia because it sounded better. I always thought the song was out of place for John Denver,because his favorite state was Colorado.I didn’t realize two of his friends, Daroff and Nivert, struggling musicians, started writing the song in hopes of selling it to Johnny Cash. When Denver heard what they were working on he offered to help them clean up and finish the song. Denver sang the song at the “Cellar Door” in DC and it was a big hit. And the rest as they say is history.

Looks like a good fingerstyle song to practice, I am having a problem going from A to F#m. Fingerstyle has a way of bringing out all the imperfections, in fingering barre chords, but hopefully in time it will come. Take a look. 

https://www.musicnotes.com/sheetmusic/mtd.asp?ppn=MN0051601

Edited by Triple-o