• Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  0
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0

Hello! 

I've tried searching for this using the search feature with no luck so being new to this forum I hope I'm not doing something wrong. 

I've had my Learn and Master Guitar Lesson Book and Bonus Resources book spiral bound no problem because they consist of 8.5" x 11" sheets and fit into the machines at Staples, Office Max and Fed Ex Office with no issues.

The Song Hits lesson book, however, is 9" x 12" and won't fit into the machines at those locations, at least in my area. I'd love to be able to lay this flat on a music stand like I do with the other lesson books.

Has anyone here had any experience in this area?

Thank you!

• Member ID:  12
  • Group:  Members
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  184
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  177
  • Birthday:  07/19/1948
  • Device:  Windows

@Night Watchman, this isn't very helpful I fully realize.  But what I did is buy a second copy of the Song Hits book.  As I go through the lessons I "sacrifice" the second book and just rip out the sheets for the particular lesson that I am working on.  It's still a little larger but it will stay on the music stand and I can make notes on it, etc.   Of course I could do this with the first book that came with the course but for some reason I want to keep it pristine.  (Just a hint at how OCD I am).

It's too bad the Song Hits book isn't available in a pdf, as L&MG is,  because we could just print it to 8.5 x 11size but that, unfortunately, is not an option.

That is what I do with the L&MG, btw.  Rather than bind the book I just print out the session that I am working, both regular and the bonus.  I then put them in a sheet protector and rather than working with the entire lesson book(s) I just have my current lesson on the music stand in front of me.

We all do what works best for us.

Welcome to Guitar Gathering Forum.   Please keep us up to date on your progress.

• Member ID:  1,074
  • Followers:  0

Thanks for the reply @matonanjinThat's pretty much what I'm doing now since the Office Max "Live Chat" guy assured me that my local store would easily be able to bind a book of this size, which then led me to carefully peel off the spine and cut the cover to the correct size. When I arrived at my local store the fellow behind the counter at the print shop told me essentially no dice and that their online chat help is awful! I'm beginning to agree.

Now I have the individual pages and I backed the whole book to pdf so I can print and spiral bind my own copy but the notation is somewhat smaller. It's doable but I'd prefer to use the full size book. 

• Member ID:  50
  • Content Count:  41
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1
  • Device:  Android

2 hours ago, matonanjin said:

@Night Watchman, this isn't very helpful I fully realize.  But what I did is buy a second copy of the Song Hits book.  As I go through the lessons I "sacrifice" the second book and just rip out the sheets for the particular lesson that I am working on.  It's still a little larger but it will stay on the music stand and I can make notes on it, etc.   Of course I could do this with the first book that came with the course but for some reason I want to keep it pristine.  (Just a hint at how OCD I am).

It's too bad the Song Hits book isn't available in a pdf, as L&MG is,  because we could just print it to 8.5 x 11size but that, unfortunately, is not an option.

That is what I do with the L&MG, btw.  Rather than bind the book I just print out the session that I am working, both regular and the bonus.  I then put them in a sheet protector and rather than working with the entire lesson book(s) I just have my current lesson on the music stand in front of me.

We all do what works best for us.

Welcome to Guitar Gathering Forum.   Please keep us up to date on your progress.

I have the song hits scanned as a PDF.

• Member ID:  6
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,053
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  144
  • Birthday:  12/14/1960
  • Device:  iPhone

Take it to staples, pay $2 have then cut the spine off the book.

Then use a 3 hole punch and binder

Maybe if you're lucky they'll trim it down as much as they can as it's not a 8.5x11 page

Steve had copywrite issues hence no pdf only hard copy

Edited by Eracer_Team-DougH

• Member ID:  1,074

Thank you for the advice. I actually found a local print shop that claims that they can do things that their competitors cannot so I called them up and they said they could do the job. The only issue is that the spiral was 11 inches long and the edge it needs to bind is 12 inches. Does that look like a problem? It doesn't to me! Very happy with this $5.84 purchase!

IMG_20180521_112314.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Member ID:  12
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  184
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  177
  • Birthday:  07/19/1948

If it works it doesn't look like a problem to me!  ?

• Member ID:  17
  • Content Count:  64
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  3

I'd like to do the same with all of my old music books, but the manager at Staples told me it was about $10/book.  That's more than what I paid for a few of them.  Need to find someone else local who does it.  I hate clipping and bending the old books on my stand, (makes them fall apart after a while).  The spiral bound edge makes it easier to copy the songs I like and then tape them together so they fold out on the music stand without stopping and turning pages. 

• Member ID:  243
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  541
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  64

I have experience and it wasn't good. I took my Song Hits copy to Staples. I also wanted the spiral bound treatment they did for my Bonus Resources which was excellent. Unfortunately, I got an inexperienced person. They printed out each page on a different page with no double sided so the song was on a page then blank then another page which is useless. I complained and they told me they couldn't do what I knew they could. I complained to management, and the manager informed the employee yes you can. Unfortunately, they did a poor job slicing the binding off so the pages were crooked. All they needed to do was trim the pages, but quality was not on this person's mind. Yes I have the book, but it is very poor quality. 

Song Hits.jpg

Edited by Randy120
Add photo
  • Sad 1

• 3 months later...

• Member ID:  5
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Content Count:  1,076
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  166

Like most people my Song Hits book basically fell apart.. It wouuld never lay flat to read. So I finally used my guillotine paper cutter and cut off the binding. The pages are 8.5 x 12 , so to fit a standard 3 ring binder and have the print on the  pages centered you have to measure carefully,  taking a 1/2" off the top and 1/2" off the bottom of each page ( i cut the original pages) before 3 hole puncing them. Works great now. Lays flat, can take out pages to photocopy or scan. Cost ? Nada. 

Edited by NeilES335
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

• Member ID:  2,261
  • Birthday:  10/28/1968

Hello.

I bought steves learn snd master guitar course and bonus workshops, also the fingerpicking and blues courses. Iam very satisfied and decided to buy also the hits course, but this time was second hand in ebay and arrived with no book.

I cannot find the pdf to download.

Can anybody help me and tell me where it is available? Or send me the pdf by email al jogarmanza [at] gmail.com

I appreciate your help. 

Many thanks. 

Jose

Edited by DianeB
Removed "at" symbol to deter spambots. -- DB

• Member ID:  6
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,053
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  144
  • Birthday:  12/14/1960
  • Device:  iPhone

@Jogarman because Steve had to deal with rights issues of the Songs in the Song Hits no PDF was released. 

If any one has one, its because they scanned to orginal book, 

It would technically be illegal for them to email you a copy

You might want to contact Legacy to purchase , but I would suspect they'll want you to buy the complete course. 

Edited by Eracer_Team-DougH

• Member ID:  5
  • Content Count:  1,076
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  166

On 5/18/2018 at 3:10 PM, Eracer_Team-DougH said:

Take it to staples, pay $2 have then cut the spine off the book.

Then use a 3 hole punch and binder

Maybe if you're lucky they'll trim it down as much as they can as it's not a 8.5x11 page

Steve had copywrite issues hence no pdf only hard copy

This worked for me too. I have a paper cutter guiotine and 3 hole punch so it was easy to make fit a 3 ring binder. I scanned the pages as .pdf files while i was at it to save and print as req'd.

• Member ID:  9
  • Group:  Moderators
  • Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  813
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Achievement Points:  1
  • Days Won:  209
  • Birthday:  01/01/1953
  • Device:  Macintosh

Hello, Jose,

I wanted to check on something, but I see Doug already has the answer.

I  bought the Song Hits a few years ago, and I could remember taking the printed book to the print shop to have it spiral bound. What I could not recall was whether there was a PDF of the book on one of the discs. There is not, for the reason Doug mentioned. It contains licensed excerpts from copyrighted material, and for Steve to include a PDF would presumably have been a violation of the licensing agreement.

As Doug said, your best option, regrettably, is to contact Legacy (615-515-3605 or 615-515-3600) and request a replacement. They might ask for proof of purchase, or require you to purchase a full set. Sorry.

I don't fault you for asking, but however well meaning our fellow forum members might be, to scan and redistribute the published book would likely amount to a copyright violation. Even if it were between two third parties, like you and myself, it would necessarily involve Steve, and we don't want that. He's a Nashville pro, and we want him to stay in the good graces of the town's legal eagles.