• Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,053
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Achievement Points:  0
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  144
  • Birthday:  12/14/1960
  • Device:  iPhone

Maybe some century I'll meet you and Neil up here.

Good work keep on pick'n

• Member ID:  5
  • Group:  Members
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,076
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  166
  • Device:  Windows

9 hours ago, Eracer_Team-DougH said:

Maybe some century I'll meet you and Neil up here.

Good work keep on pick'n

If there is ever a "  Student Perseverence Award" Doug should be the 1st recipient!

• Like 1

• Member ID:  6
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  1,053
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  144
  • Birthday:  12/14/1960

25 minutes ago, NeilES335 said:

If there is ever a "  Student Perseverence Award" Doug should be the 1st recipient!

Sadly must attest to something 

• 1 month later...

• Member ID:  1,997
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

First off, great course I’m really starting to see some skills develop.  Along those lines, with the work on scales, spelling chords, and learning the notes on the fretboard, I’ve come to realize that only the open suspended chords given in lesson 6 (Asus, Dsus, and Esus) are suspended 4 chords where as the suspended bar chords are suspended 4 chords with a flatted seventh (*7sus4 or *7sus or *sus7) I don’t know if this matters or not but when I’m playing along with some of the tracks and the song asks for a Fsus or a Gsus All I know how to play is the bar suspended bar chord which is a seven chord, which is what I do.  Should I figure out how to finger the suspended chord without the 7th?  And...has anyone else been confused with this? Is a suspended 7 chord considered the same (or equivalent) to a suspended chord (1,4,5) even with the flatted seventh?

• 2 months later...

• Member ID:  12
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  184
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  177
  • Birthday:  07/19/1948
  • Device:  Windows

On 6/19/2019 at 4:24 PM, NeilES335 said:

I do have the patterns down pretty well in Key of F, and moving to Key of D and Bb does not seems to be that difficult. I'm trying to focus on saying and playing the notes to get the most out of the exercises, and I'm a lot more familiar with the fret positions above the 5th - 17 th position. 

I posted a while ago about starting this session and, quite honestly, got distracted.  But I'm back.  And now starting it with a vengeance.

But I got to going on the 3 notes per string, I'm just on the 1st form, F major scale, and trying to figure out what my goal/expectation should be here.  I am focusing on saying and playing the notes with Steve.  But is the goal here to actually memorize every note?! Or are we, as with the Pentatonic scale, just learning patterns?  He does say that this is "a way...that help you learn the notes on the entire neck of your guitar". 

I think I know the answer here but I just want to confirm the goal is to finally learn every note.  @NeilES335 and the rest of you that have finished #17, did you memorize every note? 

• Member ID:  1,462
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  393
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  101

13 hours ago, matonanjin said:

I posted a while ago about starting this session and, quite honestly, got distracted.  But I'm back.  And now starting it with a vengeance.

But I got to going on the 3 notes per string, I'm just on the 1st form, F major scale, and trying to figure out what my goal/expectation should be here.  I am focusing on saying and playing the notes with Steve.  But is the goal here to actually memorize every note?! Or are we, as with the Pentatonic scale, just learning patterns?  He does say that this is "a way...that help you learn the notes on the entire neck of your guitar". 

I think I know the answer here but I just want to confirm the goal is to finally learn every note.  @NeilES335 and the rest of you that have finished #17, did you memorize every note? 

Hello Ron,

my short answer is: yes, you should learn all the notes on the fretboard 😀

Personally, I used another method to get there, as explained in earlier replies in this thread

To me, the "3 notes per string" is another way to play major scale based runs that is especially beneficial when you want to play fast legato style.

Although these 3NPS exercises were part of my practice schedule for months, I have not really used the legato technique in the songs and solos I learned so far. But never say never...

Wim.

• Thanks 1