• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  0
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  3

I usually go for more modern designs, but this one caught my eyes. It had such a wonderful neck, much more mass and volume than I'm used to. My other guitars have much slimmer necks and I haven't really known there were options out there. Granted it's noticeably more difficult to bend notes compared to my Parker Fly Deluxe due to the "round" fretboard, but playing chords feel much more natural instead. Especially since I'm mostly playing barré chords nowadays.

What kind of pickups are on this? The neck one is very mellow and the bridge pickup is angled giving the high pitched string a "twangy" sound (I think). Both are single coil I assume, but they sound so different compared to each other.

All in all a chunky and simple guitar. Just look what a beast it is compared to my other guitars. I played it for hours yesterday and today my hands ache.

IMG_0563.jpeg

IMG_0562.jpeg

• Like 5

• Member ID:  1,395
  • Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  437
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  34

Wow! Congratulations @Magnit, enjoy! 

• Member ID:  4
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  490
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  65
  • Device:  Windows

Love the color! Congratulations!

• Member ID:  42
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  11/30/1953

Congrats on new guitar. I too love the colour. Gift to ourselves bring great joy. I know

• Member ID:  64
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  169
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  20
  • Device:  Macintosh

Congrats on the new Tele......Enjoy the New Year with your new Fender!

• Member ID:  12
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  184
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  177
  • Birthday:  07/19/1948

@Magnit, what a great way to bring in the new year, with a new guitar!!  Congratulations.  They do look like single coils and of course the neck is always going to sound a little more mellow and the bridge a bit more twangy.  But from what I have heard that twangy bridge p.u. is especially characteristic of the Tele.

If you want to know exactly what model of pickups you have send an email to Fender customer service with your serial #.  They will get back to you, in my experience in just a couple days, with all the details about your guitar.

This neck profile concept just has me thoroughly confused.   I've become a real PRS supporter and have always been a huge Santana fan.  So it follows that my next guitar should be a PRS signature Santana.  Early last year I finally tried a Santana at Chicago Music Exchange. None of the stores here in Omaha carried one.  I was shocked and disappointed!  The neck on (what I thought would be) my dream guitar felt like a tree trunk.  I played it for a very little bit and put it back.  Then late last year I was looking at a PRS guitar here locally.  While I was there I saw a PRS 594, which has the same neck profile as the Santana.  I thought why not try it?  It felt good!  Different but good.  So I am, as I said, thoroughly confused.  🤔

So I don't know if, as we become more experienced, we learn to accommodate different necks.  Or, as we become more experienced, our preference changes.  Or, if it's "different horses for different courses".  I played my PRS hollowbody a couple days ago and it has a very thin neck.  It felt great! 🙄

Congratulations again on the new guitar.

• Member ID:  14
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  528
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  09/26/1951
  • Device:  iPhone

Yowser! Nice looking Tele, Have fun with it.

Greg

• Member ID:  1,285
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

On 1/1/2020 at 5:28 PM, matonanjin said:

@Magnit, what a great way to bring in the new year, with a new guitar!!  Congratulations.  They do look like single coils and of course the neck is always going to sound a little more mellow and the bridge a bit more twangy.  But from what I have heard that twangy bridge p.u. is especially characteristic of the Tele.

If you want to know exactly what model of pickups you have send an email to Fender customer service with your serial #.  They will get back to you, in my experience in just a couple days, with all the details about your guitar.

This neck profile concept just has me thoroughly confused.   I've become a real PRS supporter and have always been a huge Santana fan.  So it follows that my next guitar should be a PRS signature Santana.  Early last year I finally tried a Santana at Chicago Music Exchange. None of the stores here in Omaha carried one.  I was shocked and disappointed!  The neck on (what I thought would be) my dream guitar felt like a tree trunk.  I played it for a very little bit and put it back.  Then late last year I was looking at a PRS guitar here locally.  While I was there I saw a PRS 594, which has the same neck profile as the Santana.  I thought why not try it?  It felt good!  Different but good.  So I am, as I said, thoroughly confused.  🤔

So I don't know if, as we become more experienced, we learn to accommodate different necks.  Or, as we become more experienced, our preference changes.  Or, if it's "different horses for different courses".  I played my PRS hollowbody a couple days ago and it has a very thin neck.  It felt great! 🙄

Congratulations again on the new guitar.

Thanks. :)

I was surprised myself of how good it felt with that much neck in my hand. I doesn't neck dive either. That is otherwise one of my biggest gripes with guitars. I cannot fathom how some players do it with a horisontal guitar angle. Some even play it down below their waist.

Back to the guitar. It inspired me to go through Fundamental Changes' Melodic Rock Soloing in three sittings, back to back. Amazing how that works.

I'm turning 40 this year, been playing since I was 28 or 29. I still don't own a Stratocaster. Maybe I'll treat myself to a hand built one. There's a Swedish guitar builder that makes some awesome guitars for an affordable sum (< $4000). He even winds the pickups himself. Something like this with a tree trunk for a neck maybe? ;)

Edited by Magnit

• Member ID:  110
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  67
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  04/02/1969

Congratulations!  That is a good looking guitar!  Enjoy it!

Ben