• Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  0
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0

Hi Everyone

I originally bought the L&MG series about 8 or 9 years ago and still have the CDs but I was wondering is there a digitized version? I have a Laptop now and no way to play the DVDs. I took a break from guitar for the last 6 years sadly the birth of two daughters and having to take care of two toddlers has been my primary focus but now they are getting around and pretty self sufficient and I am planning on breaking my guitars out and getting back into consistently practicing.

I absolutely love this community! I won a guitar peddle back in the day from one of Steve's live lessons. I am looking forward to chatting with you all and getting back to practicing on a daily basis. Hopefully my daughters will take an interest and join me and wont put too many stickers on my guitars.

John V

• Like 2

• Member ID:  6
  • Group:  Members
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,053
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  144
  • Birthday:  12/14/1960
  • Device:  iPhone

In another post else where on the forum someone was asking about similar. 

Legacy put up the basic disks on Crowd Guitar. But doesn't have the bonus content disks.

Steve K wasn't part of the uploading of his lessons to Crowd Guitar, it was Legacy's choice.

I'm not one that subscribes to using my data plans up to stream something I already own.

I would suggest getting a external dvd drive that plugs into the usb port 

• Member ID:  12
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  184
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  177
  • Birthday:  07/19/1948
  • Device:  Windows

@jvernacchio, it's great to have you back in our community.  You can, as Doug suggested, get a DVD player to plug into your USB port on your laptop.  I realize it's an additional expense but the USB DVD players are really cheap.

What you can do then is "rip" the DVD to your hard drive and once you've done that you won't need to deal with the DVD's or the player anymore.  I have ripped mine and now play the mp4 files with a player called Video Surgeon.  It allows me to loop sections and slow down the video.

I ripped my DVD's with software called WinX DVD Ripper.  Yeah, it's a bit of a time investment initially.  But I now never need to hunt for the DVD's and I've also transferred the files to my Tablet for when I travel.

If you don't want to get the DVD player you should be able to find some kid to rip the DVD's for you.  It's too bad your daughters aren't older.  One of their boyfriends could do it for you!😉😆

• Thanks 1

• Member ID:  1,963
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Thank you for the replies! I ordered an external DVD/CD player and will rip them to my drive as suggested. Just dove back in to lesson 1 and my fingers are remembering the fretboard pretty well! I will stay a few days in 1 then move on to lesson 2. 

I was pretty close to finishing the course last time around took me about 2 and a half years with some side tracks in the Fingerstyle session and the Blues sessions. No more kids in my future so I have no excuses to put the guitars down now!