• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  0
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  2

It's been a while. Had a heart attack 98% blockage of main carotid artery right after Christmas last year. Was treated had 3 stents couldn't lift for about 2 months, strict diet. March was having problems with both hands starting to close up, was diagnosed with Dupuytrens Contracture in both hands and trigger finger on right middle finger. Operated on left hand early March, 6 weeks of therapy. Operated right hand end of April, 6 weeks therapy. Palms were really stiff and swelled with scar tissue, left hand healed faster scar tissue went down considerably. Right hand palm still a little stiff and middle finger is still numb but I can finally hold a pick without it getting loose and away. So with all of that I'm finally back to playing. Treated myself to a new amp a Fender Blues Jr. and started back on the course. progressing fairly quick, remembered most of first four lessons, and going to start back with lesson five, while warming up with first four lesson material that I need to brush up on. Feels really good playing again and I know my collection has needed to be played for some time.

Later, Marty.

• Like 1

• Member ID:  146
  • Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  243
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  19
  • Device:  Macintosh

What a year, Marty! I don't know you personally but I am so glad to hear how you have progressed once you got past the heart attack and then the surgery.

Congratulations on the Fender Blues Jr. Here's wishing you a lovely Christmas and New Year and I look forward to hearing about further progress, both physically and with L&MG during the next year.

• Member ID:  5
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,077
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  166
  • Device:  Android

6 hours ago, MGood1 said:

It's been a while. Had a heart attack 98% blockage of main carotid artery right after Christmas last year. Was treated had 3 stents couldn't lift for about 2 months, strict diet. March was having problems with both hands starting to close up, was diagnosed with Dupuytrens Contracture in both hands and trigger finger on right middle finger. Operated on left hand early March, 6 weeks of therapy. Operated right hand end of April, 6 weeks therapy. Palms were really stiff and swelled with scar tissue, left hand healed faster scar tissue went down considerably. Right hand palm still a little stiff and middle finger is still numb but I can finally hold a pick without it getting loose and away. So with all of that I'm finally back to playing. Treated myself to a new amp a Fender Blues Jr. and started back on the course. progressing fairly quick, remembered most of first four lessons, and going to start back with lesson five, while warming up with first four lesson material that I need to brush up on. Feels really good playing again and I know my collection has needed to be played for some time.

Later, Marty.

Welcome back... good health tto you. N

• Member ID:  12
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  184
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  177
  • Birthday:  07/19/1948
  • Device:  Windows

Marty, it is wonderful to have you back here after the year you had.  And congratulations on the Blues, Jr.  I love mine. 

• Member ID:  13
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  16
  • Birthday:  10/03/1947

Marty, you deserve a medal for perseverance. A terrific positive attitude is what most people hope to achieve when the medical issues hit.  Kudos for grabbing the guitar as soon as you could.

Merry Christmas

Henk

• Member ID:  1,395
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  437
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  34

Welcome back Marty. I am sorry to hear about all of the medical problems that you have endured. I wish you all of the very best luck for the future. Look after yourself and enjoy playing your guitar. 

Keep in touch with us.

Best wishes 

Mandy

• Member ID:  363
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  2

I would like to thank you all for the kind words and encouragement. Hoping everyone has good health and wonderful holidays. Making progress everyday with hands and getting back to music.

Deeply thankful Marty.

• Member ID:  295
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Welcome back Marty! I hope your health continues to improve, and that you are able to keep playing your guitar. I hope you have a good year ahead!

• Member ID:  14
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  529
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  09/26/1951
  • Device:  iPhone

With such a difficult year, you are an inspiring poster man for never giving in or giving up. Your amp is a great reward for your perseverance,  resilience and desire to rebound and push on. And it is a great amp! Best of wishes on a better year, good health and a load of fun musical moments.

Greg

• Member ID:  8
  • Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  199
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  6
  • Device:  Macintosh

Welcome back Marty!!!

Im sure you'll be putting that new amp to good use!!  It really does come back quickly!

Have fun playing again, and Best wishes for good health and happiness in the coming year! :)