• Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  169
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Achievement Points:  0
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/21/1973

Here's a short YouTube I did with a few clean tones I made. Enjoy!

• Like 4

• Member ID:  16
  • Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  218
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  16
  • Device:  Macintosh

Thanks for the video.  The Stomp is an amazing product.  It has the same amps and effects as the big brother Helix/Helix LT, but lacks the dual processors and some of the I/O of the larger units, so you are more limited for effects and routing.  

However, I'm pretty confident a Stomp would cover our entire set list (from spanky clean like Tambourine Man and There She Goes to Heavy dirt like Hash Pipe and No More Mr Nice Guy).  If the Stomp does Snapshots (which I haven't learned to use on my LT) I'm sure I could work out any and all effects I'd ever need with some effort to learn the capability.

The only bummer is that a Stomp plus a 10" or 12" powered monitor, is still at a price point that would dissuade most beginners, otherwise it would be my go to recommendation.  Its truly all many players will ever need as it will scale from "twinkle twinkle little star" in the bedroom to a full on stage show into a massive PA system and sound great all the way through.  As is, its a great option for those ready to step into mid-high end modeling with a budget below the Helix or higher end modeler.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Member ID:  1,648
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  103
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/03/1961

Thanks for the video demo Old Guy and thanks for the expansion Six String. It feels like the world of affordable electric guitar sonic options just exploded! Fortunately an unanticipated Starla purchase has me unable to pull the trigger on the current Sweet Water HX Stomp sale. :-) This will give me time to calm down and play around more with my simple single-ended tube amp, which is plenty right now. Back to those notes...

• Like 1

• Member ID:  1,552
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  169
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/21/1973

On 10/28/2019 at 10:15 AM, Six String said:

The only bummer is that a Stomp plus a 10" or 12" powered monitor, is still at a price point that would dissuade most beginners, otherwise it would be my go to recommendation.

Thanks for the feedback!

The Hx Stomp is $600 and an excellent FRFR option, which I will be getting shortly, is the Headrush 108 FRFR. It has an 8 inch speaker and has 2000W behind it. It runs $200. Basically the two together is the cost of a smallish tube amp. I think you are spot on that for those dipping their toe in the modeling realm, the HX Stomp is the best bang for the buck out right now.

And yes, the HX Stomp does indeed have snapshots. As you pointed out, it only has one DSP, which limits your blocks to 6, but for my purposes, that's more than enough.