• Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,053
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Achievement Points:  0
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  144
  • Birthday:  12/14/1960
  • Device:  iPhone

well I know I saw it I think here on the forum where Tommy Emmanuel meets the Captain from Andertons YouTube video.. but I can't for the life of me, am able to find the thread.. so here it is again.. I'll start a new thread

Was watching the interview of Tommy at Anderton's got me thinking to look at Tommy's tour dates. (and he has Joe Robinson as special guest too )

https://tommyemmanuel.com/tours/

I found a listing that's not too far away from my home.. Talked @NeilES335 and my sister into going; March 27, 2020

(yeah I know, 3's a crowd, but she's been trying to play guitar longer than I've been alive and I encourage her every day to keep practicing)

we're going to be in Orch C Row F dead center (something like 10 or so rows back from stage)..

I'm pretty excited for something to look forward to in the spring (since I can almost no longer afford Joe Bonamassa tickets)

I didn't spring for the extra 'upgrade' $50 meet n greet package.. seemed a little step for a MnG when the tickets were $73 each.

Maybe @Steve Krenz can swing Tommy a note to meet up with us 🤣

As a side note. the conversation with my wife went something like this:

Tommy Emmanuel is coming.. she's like: Tommy Who?.. I said.. No Tommy was done by The Who.. this is Tommy Emmanuel.. she's like what's he sing,, name me a song.. Pin Ball Wizard.. 😪

Edited by Eracer_Team-DougH

• Member ID:  5
  • Group:  Members
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,076
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  166
  • Device:  Windows

20 hours ago, Eracer_Team-DougH said:

well I know I saw it I think here on the forum where Tommy Emmanuel meets the Captain from Andertons YouTube video.. but I can't for the life of me, am able to find the thread.. so here it is again.. I'll start a new thread

Was watching the interview of Tommy at Anderton's got me thinking to look at Tommy's tour dates. (and he has Joe Robinson as special guest too )

I found a listing that's not too far away from my home.. Talked @NeilES335 and my sister into going; March 27, 2020

(yeah I know, 3's a crowd, but she's been trying to play guitar longer than I've been alive and I encourage her every day to keep practicing)

we're going to be in Orch C Row F dead center (something like 10 or so rows back from stage)..

I'm pretty excited for something to look forward to in the spring (since I can almost no longer afford Joe Bonamassa tickets)

I didn't spring for the extra 'upgrade' $50 meet n greet package.. seemed a little step for a MnG when the tickets were $73 each.

Tommy Emmanuel is coming.. she's like: Tommy Who?.. I said.. No Tommy was done by The Who.. this is Tommy Emmanuel.. she's like what's he sing,, name me a song.. Pin Ball Wizard.. 😪

@Eracer_Team-DougH. Well I didnt take too much convincing to go😉.  Especially if you're a guitar fan, who wouldnt want to see / hear Tommy Emanuel, the Chet Atkins of our time.  And up and coming star and friend of Guitar Gathering as well.. Looking forward to this one😊👍🎸.

• Like 1

• Member ID:  33
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  192
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  37
  • Birthday:  07/07/1959
  • Device:  Macintosh

My wife and I saw him in San Antonio a few years ago. Amazing show. You'll have no regrets about the ticket price.

• Member ID:  12
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  184
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  177
  • Birthday:  07/19/1948

It is probably some sort of guitar blasphemy but I just can not enjoy watching Tommy Emmanuel.  I was watching him on tv a year or two ago.  He was on one of the PBS shows where they interrupt every so often to beg for donations.  Send the donation and then they will send the DVD.  My wife sat down and watched for a few minutes and then got up and said something to the effect, "I don't enjoy that at all".

He played a concert here about a year ago and one of the guys that I jam weekly with asked if I was going and I told him I had no interest in it.  It was almost like those were fighting words!😮

He is going to be on the Keeping the Blues Alive at Sea cruise next February.  The good problem about this cruise is that there always multiple concerts going simultaneously.  One always has to decide which one do you want to see most.  Or is one of the concerts a new artist you want to check out versus one you know you will enjoy.  But I almost hope he is on opposite someone we don't want badly to see.  This way maybe we will force ourselves to give him another chance.  And see what we are missing!

• Member ID:  6
  • Topic Count:  30

@matonanjin sadly thats the part about PBS.

Sadly the YouTube video link i posted ... YouTube inserts thier own ads too, but not as bad as PBS

4 hours ago, matonanjin said:

It is probably some sort of guitar blasphemy but I just can not enjoy watching Tommy Emmanuel.  I was watching him on tv a year or two ago.  He was on one of the PBS shows where they interrupt every so often to beg for donations.  Send the donation and then they will send the DVD.  My wife sat down and watched for a few minutes and then got up and said something to the effect, "I don't enjoy that at all".

He played a concert here about a year ago and one of the guys that I jam weekly with asked if I was going and I told him I had no interest in it.  It was almost like those were fighting words!😮

He is going to be on the Keeping the Blues Alive at Sea cruise next February.  The good problem about this cruise is that there always multiple concerts going simultaneously.  One always has to decide which one do you want to see most.  Or is one of the concerts a new artist you want to check out versus one you know you will enjoy.  But I almost hope he is on opposite someone we don't want badly to see.  This way maybe we will force ourselves to give him another chance.  And see what we are missing!

I recall seeing Tommy on YouTube for the first timea few years ago, performing an entire concert solo. He was in a smaller venue, and his interaction with the audience and his performace was remarkable. Apparently he never plays the same concert twice. @matonanjin its unfortunate you had an unfavorable 1st impression. I'd suggest you give it another go. I wouldnt say im a raving fan (yet) but Im looking forward to it🎸.

• Thanks 1

• Member ID:  157
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  278
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/13/1955

@matonanjin  A dissenting opinion is always good for the "Collective Soul"  😜  I've seen TE several times and it is always impressive to watch him perform at such breathtaking speeds.  I really love to listen to Joe Robinson perform as well.

Bryan

• Thanks 1

• Member ID:  12
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  184
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  177
  • Birthday:  07/19/1948

On 9/8/2019 at 1:58 PM, Eracer_Team-DougH said:

@matonanjin sadly thats the part about PBS.

Sadly the YouTube video link i posted ... YouTube inserts thier own ads too, but not as bad as PBS

Doug, my post wasn't a complaint about PBS and the begging but it probably came across as such.  And my wife's comment wasn't about it either but rather a comment about her not being impressed with Tommy Emmanuel either.  Maybe our collective opinion will be different after next February!

• Member ID:  6
  • Topic Count:  30

Did you see the "conversation" with my wife  below the YouTube post?

• 2 weeks later...

On 9/7/2019 at 12:48 PM, Eracer_Team-DougH said:

Well It seems that several upcoming concert dates for Tommy Emanuel are being rescheduled due to Tommy having some health issue that requires  treatment and recovery. No word on the Toronto area show March 27/20 yet. (LivingArts Theatre Mississauga).  Good Tickets are still showing available. We'll see.

Screenshot_20190919-001136.png

• Sad 1