• Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Achievement Points:  0
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  177
  • Birthday:  07/19/1948
  • Device:  Windows

For all us SRV fans, Texas Flood: The inside story of Stevie Ray Vaughan was just released recently.  What follows is from Andy Aledort's Facebook page.  It made the NY Times Best Seller List.  Andy is co-author and a teacher over at TrueFire and a contributor to Guitar World magazine.  I don't know anything about the other author, Alan Paul.

"TEXAS FLOOD: THE INSIDE STORY OF STEVIE RAY VAUGHAN
We just got the amazing news that "Texas Flood: The Inside Story of Stevie Ray Vaughan" made the New York Times Bestseller's list. Thank you to everyone who made it possible--all those who spent hours talking to us and trusted us to tell the story as it deserved to be told. And a huge thank you to everyone who bought the book. This is a very great honor for each of us individually but it is most exciting because it shines a bigger, brighter light on Stevie, a person and a musician of the highest order. May his memory and music live on forever."

It adds to the credibility of this book that Jimmie Vaughan, Tommy Shannon and Chris Layton all contributed to this project with epilogues and forwards, etc.    As soon as I finish this post I am clicking on the "Add to cart" button!

srv.jpg.bedda75ffca81bf3e9e5fb005963e2bd.jpg

• Like 2

• Member ID:  1,552
  • Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  169
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/21/1973

Thanks for posting this!

Andy is THE MAN. I remember reading his stuff in Guitar World a couple of decades ago. Love his YouTube stuff as well. Just an all around awesome person and musician.

• Like 1

• Member ID:  12
  • Group:  Members
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  184
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  177
  • Birthday:  07/19/1948
  • Device:  Windows

On 8/28/2019 at 8:42 AM, Old Guy said:

Andy is THE MAN. I remember reading his stuff in Guitar World a couple of decades ago. Love his YouTube stuff as well. Just an all around awesome person and musician.

Andy is great.  I have seen some of his Guitar World stuff.  He has a series of lessons at TrueFire called "The Kings of Blues and Rock. Play in the Style of....".  They are style lessons of Eric Clapton, of course the three Kings, BB, Albert and Freddie, Jimmie Page, Duane Allman, T Bone Walker and Johnny Winter.  They are older ones and not of the video quality of newer HD lessons.  But a year or two ago TrueFire had a sale and these were really cheap.  I grabbed them. 

• Like 1