• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  44
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  0
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  1

Any information on using a small mixer (ie Yamaha MG06), set up etc would be appreciated. I hooked it up with a guitar and mic and it works but unsure of the best method for hooking up additional imputs.

• Member ID:  16
  • Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  218
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  16
  • Device:  Macintosh

I'm "ass-u-me-ing" you have an XLR mic jack in 1 (or 2) and your guitar in 2 (or 1)  using a 1/4 unbalanced instrument cable.  That leaves 2 options for additional stereo or mono inputs.

So, what additional inputs do you want to use?  

If you want to put backing tracks through it, you need a male 3.5mm TRS to dual male 1/4 TS adapter cable.  That would let you route tracks from your phone/tablet/anything with a 3.5mm stereo out, through your board to your monitors.

It seems inputs 3/4 have a -10dB pad, meaning the output from whatever device is plugged in will be attenuated 10dB.  That is probably fine for a high output device like your tablet, but you can try 3/4 and 5/6 to see what seems to work best.

HTH

• Member ID:  205
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  44
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1

I used a XLR for 1 mic and plugged the guitar into a 1/4. I just received the mixer and don't know much about them. Six String - thank you for the info, I never realized you could plug the 1/4 into the XLR input on MG06.

What I would like is the best setup for 2 mics and a guitar. The output going into an PA or Amp. The amp has one XLR and a 1/4 input. I

• Member ID:  16
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  218
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  16
  • Device:  Macintosh

Then I would go with the info above.  The XLR inputs are the ones with pre-amps.  The others require a line level signal.  If your Acoustic Electric has a pre-amp, either input should work, but the owners manual shows the guitar going to input 1 or 2 so that's what I'd do.

Typically your output would go to something like a pair of desk monitors for home use or larger pair of PA speaker for live applications.  However, you could use just one monitor since nothing you are doing is stereo.

Again, I am making an "ass-u-me-tion" that the amp described is an acoustic guitar amp.  If so, just running the one of the XLR outs from mixer to the amp should produce satisfactory results.  That said, with an XLR and instrument input on the amp you could achieve a very similar mix plugging the guitar and mic directly into the amp.  The mixer just allows a couple more inputs.

• Thanks 1