• Topic Count:  74
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  541
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Achievement Points:  0
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  64
  • Device:  Windows

"Learn & Master Guitar Setup & Maintenance" by Greg Voros has been mentioned here on the site a few times, but this DVD course is valuable enough it deserves its own topic. 

I highly recommend the course to anyone who wants to learn how to take care of your guitars. It covers electric and acoustic guitars. You can be your best guitar tech with a little knowledge and a few inexpensive tools. I learned most of my techniques from the course and I still reference it today. I take care of 4 different guitars with great results. I had a highly rated luthier in the area compliment me on how I maintained my two Taylor guitars. He told me "just keep doing what your doing".

I hear the Gibson Les Paul is notorious for being out of tune. Huh? Mine comes out of the case tuned almost all the time. Maybe the G is a little off the day after I have a case of the bends. The same for my Taylor Nylon string which is always in tune after the strings are stretched properly.

If you want to take good care of your guitars and really understand how they work then this course is for you. For the price of couple string changes you can stop depending on the local shop to work on your guitars. 

• Like 5

• Member ID:  4
  • Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  490
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  65

That is a great DVD - I highly recommend it as well. And if you want to go the extra mile, I also highly recommend Greg's fretwork and setup class. He used to conduct them in Nashville - I believe he is only offering them in Nazareth, PA now.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

• Member ID:  1,955
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/01/1950

After watching two live lessons with Greg Voros I ordered Learn and Master Guitar Setup and Maintenance today.  I've known about the L&MG course for many years but only by seeing those did I learn that Greg Voros is just the sort of professional I want to work with, knowledgeable, competent and willing to explain what is being done and why in a manner, clear, direct, and comprehensive.  I have every confidence that the course will do for my ability to do guitar setup what watching Roy Underhill of "The Woodwright's Shop" did for my ability to cut dovetail joints with hand tools.

• Like 1

• Member ID:  243
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  541
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  64

@Ning The course will give you the knowledge you need. My course has paid for itself over and over again with the setups I did at home, and the guitars are playing great.