• Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  816
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Achievement Points:  1
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  210
  • Birthday:  01/01/1953
  • Device:  Macintosh

There’s less than two weeks to go before our annual crazyfit, so I will pass along some past advice for the benefit of the first timers. If that’s you, I also recommend reading the threads from 2022 and prior years.

The Conference:
In every room, we’ll be surrounded by rows of chairs. An acoustic is probably more versatile for the workshops and jams. If you want to play your electric in the student showcase, there will be cables, amps, microphones, and a professional audio system. The main room will be locked and secure when we’re not there, so you can leave your gear. Make sure your guitar cases are well labeled; there will be a hundred black cases lying around -- in a black room.

Other than the obvious (picks, tuner) I recommend bringing: pencils and a small notepad, business cards, a , and cash for lunch, Greg Voros' setups, and other incidentals. I also pack sticky notes, staff paper (theory geek), my chord block stamper, foot rest and a small seat cushion. Trevecca has music stands. If you have a specific kind of strings you want Greg to use, bring them with you, otherwise he will use D'Addarios and you might not have a choice of gauge. Steve will have items from his GG store on display for sale. I've attached the 2023 preliminary schedule below.

Trevecca:
At this writing, Steve reports Trevecca will not have food service on campus. If so, Steve will allow a 90 minute lunch break. Last year many of us just made the short walk to the Subway at the entrance to Trevecca. There will be on-campus housing this year. The conference is held in the Jackson music building at the back of the campus. It has ample, secure visitor parking. Get your bearings with the campus virtual tour. A few scenes of the Jackson building are near the end of the video.

Housing:
Trevecca is providing on campus dormitory housing at $65 per person per night; make your reservation . Steve has secured a conference rate of $119/night at the Holiday Inn Express Brentwood about 15 minutes away. This expires May 30. Express-style breakfast is included. Use the conference code of GGC when you book online, or call the hotel directly at 615-309-8860 and ask for Erin Helms. I recommend making reservations now, because we are entering peak tavel season and hotel occupancy will be high. There are several other hotel options nearby. Be aware that Nashville can be hot and humid in mid-June, and the Jackson building can be quite cool.

In Town:
No Summer NAMM again this year. Steve will devote Saturday morning to the Student Showcase and a workshop. That afternoon there will be a songwriters’ show at 3rd and Lindsley. Tickets are also available for Saturday night at the Grand Ole Opry, which will likely reach full capacity. The Nashville City Winery is another popular venue. Here's the Nashville Visitor's Guide.

Steve will soon e-mail registrants with a survey asking: Do you want to reserve a setup with Greg? Can you help with logistics (ride sharing, for example)? Do you want to perform in the student showcase? He will also post a GG 2023 Facebook Group for registrants. So, this is what I have as of May 30, and things can change. Updates will follow as needed.

GG2023 Updated Schedule.pdf

• Like 3

• Member ID:  1,660
  • Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  120
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Achievement Points:  1
  • Days Won:  27
  • Birthday:  12/12/1957
  • Device:  Macintosh

Thanks for posting this Diane.    Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

• Like 2

• Member ID:  71
  • Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  0
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  11/04/1954
  • Device:  Windows

Likewise for me too Gary.  Thanks DIane.  This will be my 1st full GG, having attended the Fingerstyle Retreat last October.  Hoping to see some familiar faces and make some new friends.

I'm booked to stay on campus.  Hope this works out...🤨

• Like 1