Foundations: A Conversation with Carlos Santana, Warren Haynes, Derek Trucks, and Paul Reed Smith

• Member ID:  12
  • Group:  Members
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  184
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Achievement Points:  0
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  177
  • Birthday:  07/19/1948
  • Device:  Windows

Those of you that know me, know that I am a PRS Guitars supporter. (Or you can look in my sig)  And Santana is in large part why I fell in love with guitar music.  But this isn't about that.  Carlos makes one complimentary comment about PRS guitars.  Maybe Warren Haynes says something nice about PRS amps. There is no selling of equipment in this video.  Nor is there any technique lesson here.  This is, from the description, " A philosophical conversation about tone and the quest to find your own voice featuring Carlos Santana, Warren Haynes, Derek Trucks and Paul Reed Smith. "

Warren said something to the effect, "It's about the singers and getting your instrument sound like a singer."  One of them said, "If it doesn't give you goosebumps how can you expect it to give the audience goosebumps?".

It was 3 of the greatest living guitarists talking casually and candidly about what they strive for when performing or playing.  I found it very  interesting.  I hope you enjoy it.

• Like 2

• Member ID:  13
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  16
  • Birthday:  10/03/1947
  • Device:  Windows

Thank you for posting the video Ron, there were so many interesting comments that I watched it twice. I am also a big PRS fan, Carlos Santana and his music has been a favourite of mine since Woodstock. These famous artists all take their craft very seriously from the point of view of the fans to be entertained. The professionalism of these men to be the best they can be every night is what makes them special. Plus, their relationship with Paul R. Smith to develop the "tools" to improve the sound is something that we all benefit from whether listing to the music or trying to play it.

Henk

• Like 1

• Member ID:  221
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  41
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Thanks Ron! This was really cool. I love hearing about all the different musicians that have influenced each of them. I feel like I've been to the church of music this morning. Such wonderful positive souls!

btw, I do play like I don't know how to play......

Bill

• Like 1