• Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Achievement Points:  0
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  177
  • Birthday:  07/19/1948
  • Device:  Windows

Does anyone have a Jamstack Guitar Amplifier?  Does anyone know anything about it?

Conceptually, it seems like a pretty good idea for a portable amplifier.  Especially for traveling it seems like it would be ideal.  If I understand the purpose or design one plugs your guitar into this and then run this into your phone.  One uses an amp/effect app on your phone and your phone for the speaker. 

A couple of the reviews on this YT video are not very complimentary regarding the sound quality.  But what kind of sound can one expect from a phone?  But for $249 there are probably some better alternatives if the sound is very bad.

I am going to travel to Chicago the week after next to visit grand-kids and am always, it seems, looking for a better way to travel and practice with guitar.  Usually, I take my Boss eBand JS-10 and for now that is working.  But, and possibly most importantly, it has been quite a while since I have frivolously wasted money on some guitar toy.  I need to get back on track😉🤣

Anyone have any experience or heard reliable reports?